Grundy Street

georgeT

Made some improvement to the layout by making a holder for DCC controller, you can see the display  screen better if its at an angle...

Good move, I was looking the other day at mine, it's fine when I'm standing but I cant see it when sitting on my hi chair, so I need to do something similar.

Nice touch.

Been really busy Andy on the layout today with track laying l Did everything right all the points were tested as l went along, great l thought so out came one of my 08s to have a run, it went over the double slip really slow and l was well pleased then the overload buzzer sounded l was baffled re tested all the pointwork, changed over wires that l knew were right, more head scratching then Mark noticed that one of the metal sand pipes was shorting out on the 08, two hours wasted, so all sorted now take some pics later...

Still track laying and making sure every piece of track has droppers on to maintain a good power feed all round without relying on the fish plates, should be all up and running soon....

Trackwork is looking excellent mate, bit worried about the long and highly dangerous screws poking through. You can buy shorter ones you know, :no:  hahha.

A picture of the overall view of the yard showing the three dead ends some will be concreted and the other will be overgrown the other end will lead to a cassette / fiddle the siding on the left feeds some sort of warehouse which will have a platform and canopy, the other picture is the wiring for the switch to turn the siding into a DCC  or the  Programme track...hopefully Bodgit will be up here on Saturday to check everything is right ?... 

post-7716-0-59987700-1540399281_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-75160400-1540399408_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-59987700-1540399281_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-75160400-1540399408_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

A picture of the overall view of the yard showing the three dead ends some will be concreted and the other will be overgrown the other end will lead to a cassette / fiddle the siding on the left feeds some sort of warehouse which will have a platform and canopy, the other picture is the wiring for the switch to turn the siding into a DCC  or the  Programme track...hopefully Bodgit will be up here on Saturday to check everything is right ?... 

Looks good mate, but don't understand the 6 wires coming up through to the Rails. :O

Seems my job on Saturday will be more than I thought. :no:

Apart from a short on the double slip which hopefully Bodgit will fix on Saturday the track work has finished, l understand simple electrics like putting a LED on top of the buffer stops, but anything else l need HELP...

post-7716-0-24246300-1540465241_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Does this mean that you and Andy are going to the Hazel Grove model railway show on Saturday?

If I recognise a bloke with a mug or an angry black cat I'll come over and introduce myself!

And we'll look for the Smoke Box!!!! :sungum: hahha :no:

• Like 1

Does this mean that you and Andy are going to the Hazel Grove model railway show on Saturday?

If I recognise a bloke with a mug or an angry black cat I'll come over and introduce myself!

Yes we will be there on Saturday, no mug or black cat l'm afraid... 

Yes we will be there on Saturday, no mug or black cat l'm afraid... 

Well smokebox did meet up with mug and cat!

It was good to meet George and Andy and to put faces to names.

It was a nice show. Not as small as I thought, with a good mix of layouts and traders.

• Like 1

Cheap at half the price Buddy, thanks to you sorting out my problems this morning l can now shunt as much as l like, also managed to fit the programming track, also bought some nice brick embossed paper sheets from the show today...

post-7716-0-06565600-1540662246_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-53839500-1540662689_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Cheap at half the price Buddy, thanks to you sorting out my problems this morning l can now shunt as much as l like, also managed to fit the programming track, also bought some nice brick embossed paper sheets from the show today...

Those embossed paper sheets look good George,what make are they please

Brian