Oxford 'showmans caravan'

PeterR

This new release, which would have been ideal for going behind one of the 'Showmans road locomotives' is too large - its 1;68 scale.   Ref number is sp140

That information is from Hatton's who I asked to check for me as it is listed as scale 'other' - they did, and say it is too large for behind a Showmans road loco..  

'

Full Marks' to the staff (John Nickerson) at Hatton's for checking the pair together;

I have sent a question (are they going to make a 1:76 vesion?) to Oxford, but don't expect a reply

Peter.

This new release, which would have been ideal for going behind one of the 'Showmans road locomotives' is too large - its 1;68 scale.   Ref number is sp140

I have sent a question (are they going to make a 1:76 vesion?) to Oxford, but don't expect a reply

Peter.

It is a shame that a factory error led to it being to a non-standard scale, but to be fair to Oxford, they have not claimed that it is 1:76 scale - it has a “SP...” rather than a “76...” product code, showing it to be one of their non-scale products.

I am gutted that it’s not 1:76, and share your hope that a 1:76 scale one comes along eventually...