9007 is back!

Richard Hall

• RMweb Gold

In my day Merrymakers were a fiver at most, there seems to have been a slight increase in prices in the intervening years.

To show how crazy the world of transportation has got, I could get a return flight, one night in decent hotel in Birmingham city centre and a taxi to and from International station, all for less than half of most of those fares!

Mike.

I have started working on an experimental film series commemorating the 50 anniversary of the closure. Here is a link to a incomplete draft version of the first film, the sound needs fixed and the end is missing but you can hopefully see where it is going (literally).  I would appreciate any feed back. Sorry if this is a bit off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread  on the 50th commemoration when this is already there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The huge irony here is of course that of the 23 Deltics including the prototype, the only one not to have been recorded on the route is 9009, which will be pretending to be someone else when she finally graces the head of steel.