Cardiff Model Railway Show 20/21 October

MrPorter

• RMweb Gold

I finally managed to visit the Cardiff show. Very high standard of exhibits, Mutton, Ynysybwl, etc.

The modelling demonstrations were top-notch, particularly a 7mm model of a Rhymney Railway 0-6-2 tank, which was just  exquisite.

Cheers,

Ian.

Very enjoyable weekend exhibiting St Kenvince - all ran well except for a few operator errors and a few troublesome kadee couplers. We were well looked after by the organisers and the catering was very good. Thanks to the organising team for an enjoyable weekend.

• RMweb Gold
Didnt get there until 3.45 having negotiated a puncture and wedding fayre en route from Gloucestershire....

But glad I made it! A friendly welcome as was to be expected....and lots of interest on display - layouts, modelling displays and interesting books plus rolling stock all caught the eye. On the VoR stand the book on the Rheidol and Ystwyth valley lead mines looked fascinating - not directly railway but that will go on the Christmas list.

Came away with a 70-71 WR public timetable, a Classic Larkin wagon volume and the necessary Blue Grey FKs to complete our motorail train....

So well worth the visit! Only sorry I wasnt there for longer...

Phil

• RMweb Gold

I was given a very nice ticket for admission on arrival this afternoon - but SWMBO has just pointed out that admission is what I have to do when I get home from a show, not on arrival.....!!!!

Phil

• RMweb Gold

I have enjoyed watching the videos and I would certainly enjoyed the show. Unfortunately Cardiff is a long way from me plus the fact it clashed with family events, one day perhaps.

Brian.