ROSSPOP`S airbrushing adventures

ROSSPOP

• RMweb Gold

Like many lifelong railway modellers I`ve come through the ranks with painting models starting with brushes, then those very basic airguns attached to propellent cans stood in buckets of hot water to keep the pressure up and then finally to a proper grown up quality airbrush and separate compressors with and without storage tanks.

I`m not a professional modeller/painter but consider myself a competent practitioner.

There are the usual video`s on loco and stock builds but not that many on live and raw, warts and all railway modelling airbrushing adventures.

So.... I`ve started one.

I`ve not long retired and decided to buy a couple of compressors to complete all my loco, coach and rolling stock projects..as well as track and building work.  I`ve been a fan of Badger products for the past 35years but added a similar AS18 unit to my Badger BA1000 compressor.

post-17779-0-60668200-1537816406_thumb.jpg

Niether have air storage tanks, but I dont think you really need them for amateur work.........

Please feel free to comment constructively and even add your own video`s  

Here goes...........................................

So,  having warmed the shed with a small electric blower I have continued with the first colour spray........

...... and then arrived at a satisfying end to the first session..............

Edited by ROSSPOP
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

End of last week I airbrushed the lower coach brown areas and left to dry for a few days.

Today , I masked up again and airbrushed the coach ends..........

post-17779-0-34266500-1537814844_thumb.jpg

Hooray ! for Tamiya products !!

Then onto another video clip..........

Edited by ROSSPOP
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Today I  masked everything yet again and applied the roof colour

post-17779-0-40987900-1537903514_thumb.jpg

so that`s all the large areas of colour blocked in the rest will be gradually done by hand  starting with the coach transfers.

Edited by ROSSPOP
  • Like 1

Your posts are very interesting but i am afraid your font and colour make it difficult to read. I have had a vision problem for three months and appreciate plain legible text with plenty of contrast between script and "paper".

Edited by Covkid
  • Like 1