Model Rail Scotland - Restriction on Layout Size?

Buhar

Chatting to folk at the Ayr show today I heard that AMRSS are going to restrict the length of any layout to 20ft at the 2019 Glasgow show.  There was speculation as to the reasoning behind this; more space for traders or wider aisles, but it seemed to me unhelpful move.  Just thinking about the paying public who want to see things moving, you're not going to get many people able to stand in front of a 20ft end to end.  If 5ft either end is fiddle yards, that's 10ft of visible model (ignoring those like myself who love peering over the plywood at waiting stock), which can probably only accommodate a dozen front row viewers at a time.  Many good quality 4mm roundy-roundy layouts have gentle curves and will easily go over this stricture, probably including the best two layouts last year, Dalby Wood and Aberdeen Kirkhill.

Quite how any 0 gauge layout, except an small BLT, can be accommodated is beyond me.

If this stricture is not just a baseless rumour, I hope it's not too late for a re-think as I believe it will reduce the diversity of layouts and weaken the show's appeal.