Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

1 minute ago, 47606odin said:

well, they only have 1 left now so be quick

I have to sell the NSE first to fund it, so I may end up with Dutch 33 or a 31, I also fancy a 33 in Construction, but that would never have worked as far as Bristol or Birmingham way. I fancy something to go with my 3 Tone Grey Distribution 37 later on as well.

2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I have to sell the NSE first to fund it, so I may end up with Dutch 33 or a 31, I also fancy a 33 in Construction, but that would never have worked as far as Bristol or Birmingham way. I fancy something to go with my 3 Tone Grey Distribution 37 later on as well.

they got all over the place. However, buy the blue one, swap the chassis with the NSE one, sell the NSE one without sound and save you having to fit the blue one with sound

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, 47606odin said:

they got all over the place. However, buy the blue one, swap the chassis with the NSE one, sell the NSE one without sound and save you having to fit the blue one with sound

I like that idea, cheers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, 47606odin said:

On that note, I'm amazed you are thinking of sound fitting all your 33s: I'd do a couple and have all the bodies loose personally! I read someone suggesting that having sound outside the locos will be the future and if they could synch it to whatever is moving I do quite like that idea.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

On that note, I'm amazed you are thinking of sound fitting all your 33s: I'd do a couple and have all the bodies loose personally! I read someone suggesting that having sound outside the locos will be the future and if they could synch it to whatever is moving I do quite like that idea.

If it can be done as surround sound and it moves around with the loco I’ll be up for it

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

If it can be done as surround sound and it moves around with the loco I’ll be up for it

I don't see why they couldn't. you've need a speaker at either end, probably a chip per loco (but not necessarily in the loco itself) and the chip "moves" the sound between speakers. I'm sure the technology can do it, its no different to tweaking your stereo speaker balance and controlling it via the chip feeding power to the loco.

Pity I have zero entrepreneurial drive - Nailmaster1 has a certain ring to it!  

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

I'd go for that. Fitting sound chips to O gauge diesels is expensive!

That said Hornby magazine had an article about installing a Hornby TTS sound chip into a class 40 in parallel with the main chip. The main chip powered the loco and the TTS chip just the sound. Its a good way of cutting costs but currently I have no plans to go DCC.

Paul R

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Excellent Video Ian, I really must update my You Tube Channel, and also I like your idea of taking to the camera and so make take a leaf out of your book and give it a go. I have asked about various aspects of my POD / Pit of Doom, so a look at that might be an idea.

Keep up the good work, your Videos are so relaxing to watch.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Excellent Video Ian, I really must update my You Tube Channel, and also I like your idea of taking to the camera and so make take a leaf out of your book and give it a go. I have asked about various aspects of my POD / Pit of Doom, so a look at that might be an idea.

Keep up the good work, your Videos are so relaxing to watch.

Thanks.

thanks Andrew. It’s a bit daunting to start with, and I still have to edit out lots of ums and aahs 

Edited by 47606odin
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, 47606odin said:

thanks Andrew. It’s a bit daunting to start with, and I still have to edit out lots of ums and aahs 

I did my Backscene Painting demo in one take at our Railways Club a few years ago, its on my You Tube Channel, Andy Peters Model Railways,, I dance about like a demented Frog and waving my arms all over the place. haha:laugh:

38 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I did my Backscene Painting demo in one take at our Railways Club a few years ago, its on my You Tube Channel, Andy Peters Model Railways,, I dance about like a demented Frog and waving my arms all over the place. haha:laugh:

yes, I’ve seen it

• Funny 1