Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

Hi Ian, Yes another great Video.

Re your health, we now have a Blood pressure monitor and I do mine and record it every morning about half an hour after getting up, incase of any blips. My wife was also able to take a reading and give it to the Ambulance Service when I had my Heart Attack so they knew how I was before they arrived.

All the best, stay safe and keep well and CALM.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 minutes ago, Father Dougal said:

Look on eBay. I got mine there. No problems with delivery then.

Australia can be very funny with imports, particularly anything involving chemicals and plant/animal base items, wood in particular!

• Informative/Useful 1

16 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

How many Livery variants of the 73 can you get away with in your time period, especially now you also have EWS?

well, there’s inter city, revised intercity, General grey, Dutch, I just miss out on large logo, then I guess mainline blue and EWS, and maybe even fragonset interloper on a test train....I feel I’m missing a couple lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47606odin said:

well, there’s inter city, revised intercity, General grey, Dutch, I just miss out on large logo, then I guess mainline blue and EWS, and maybe even fragonset interloper on a test train....I feel I’m missing a couple lol

Heritage Green, Yellow, NSE? ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Not good for the Blood Pressure, but who cares?

Edited by Andrew P

6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Heritage Green, Yellow, NSE? ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Not good for the Blood Pressure, but who cares?

NSE is sort of in between, heritage green absolutely not, only the JA’s were green, and Heljan are doing the JB’s and network rail is too late. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 47606odin said:

I may have a look, ironically, I can bring it home in checked in luggage in a case, but I think the biggest issue is Royal Mail 

No you can’t. Anything that is carried by air, whether in baggage or as freight is subject to strict rules. It is a condition of your airline ticket that you comply. Maybe for the first time in your life, read the restrictions here - scroll down to the ‘Prohibited Items’

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/liquids-and-restrictions

Dave (50 years working safely as an Airline Pilot, Instructor and Examiner)

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, daifly said:

No you can’t. Anything that is carried by air, whether in baggage or as freight is subject to strict rules. It is a condition of your airline ticket that you comply. Maybe for the first time in your life, read the restrictions here - scroll down to the ‘Prohibited Items’

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/liquids-and-restrictions

Dave (50 years working safely as an Airline Pilot, Instructor and Examiner)

Sorry Dave, I am talking about those little jars, not aerosol paints and stuff And it says water or oil based artist paints are not banned, so acrylics are fine

Edited by 47606odin

That looks very good Ian. Many years ago I did an article for Railway Modeller about weathering Steel Bodied Wagons, and here are some pics of the Limpet I did, I used a Craft knife to make small cuts along the top that looked like dents from the Grabber once weathered.

602374764_Fig4-Copy.jpg.c75a05ca49e0ed06ac0c6a0295e2cf7d.jpg

1865802970_Fig8.jpg.a1d5e45298b4a3fb0eb7eacd0a43e494.jpg

508850247_Fig9.jpg.a4c8065fc172ac657043abafa9365adf.jpg

1914086378_Fig10.jpg.ebeee0f4e52432382b87812e183324f9.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

31 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

That looks very good Ian. Many years ago I did an article for Railway Modeller about weathering Steel Bodied Wagons, and here are some pics of the Limpet I did, I used a Craft knife to make small cuts along the top that looked like dents from the Grabber once weathered.

602374764_Fig4-Copy.jpg.c75a05ca49e0ed06ac0c6a0295e2cf7d.jpg

1865802970_Fig8.jpg.a1d5e45298b4a3fb0eb7eacd0a43e494.jpg

508850247_Fig9.jpg.a4c8065fc172ac657043abafa9365adf.jpg

1914086378_Fig10.jpg.ebeee0f4e52432382b87812e183324f9.jpg

they look great Andrew, got my base colours in mr Turbots now, pics to follow shortly 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Gents,

If you will indulge a small hijack, my stock rust colours always end up looking slightly too purple and not orange enough although i'm trying to avoid too bright, as rust tones down quickly. I appreciate it's a balance and probably trial and error with different blends but what basic colours do you use?

Edited by Hal Nail