Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

5 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Its working fine now. My phone has being doing random things for the last few days - call me a cynic but I suspect they send stuff overnight to mess them up once they decide its time you spent more on a new one.

Anyway enjoyed that vid. I've tried the salt method, and covering the lot in rust before rubbing most off but haven't done the sponge yet so will give that a go.

salt method is better I think if you are doing it as a kit, when you paint it rusty first, add the salt then over spray with the wagon paint colour then clean the salt off to reveal the rust underneath

Morning Ian, The new Camera seems to be working well the picture and sound quality seems better too.

I notice you use enamel and acrylic paints together, what do you use to thin the Acrylic and what do you normally use when spraying?

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, 47606odin said:

salt method is better I think if you are doing it as a kit, when you paint it rusty first, add the salt then over spray with the wagon paint colour then clean the salt off to reveal the rust underneath

Yes and the other method, covering the lot with rust, letting it dry and then roughly removing it, works best on a factory finish, otherwise you just take the main colour back off as well!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, D6775 said:

Not jealous much of that glorious Australian blue skies and sun that is the back of some of your pictures Ian!! Should have been on a jet plane in just under two months.

and I should now be in the UK having visited family and MIOG

• Friendly/supportive 1

Well, it’s back to work for me on Monday, so having wrestled the Dapol screw couplings onto my Grampus wagon (for the life of me I can’t find the vacuum hoses I bought...) in tweaked the temporary weathering on my pillbox brakevan, I had better finish off the Turbots today, so photos and videos later hopefully 

DISASTER!!! :banghead:

air dropped my video from the iMac to the iPad, said it was sent, didn’t check the iPad, deleted the videos off the SD card ready for next time

came to edit the video, none of them are in the iPad photo library :cry:

all I have are the finished photos

FCEFA694-2951-48FD-B42B-4C76739236FE.jpeg.7ae55a7a705aa2ce454d0cd3aee3ddae.jpeg

0D6A36A0-C0F4-4992-828F-D9BFEC11158E.jpeg.0f460370653fd4eea12d5c23ee346975.jpeg

C05E626F-88AA-4582-81EA-DF4660B03043.jpeg.6c9b543aae52f39ee7daa61c825f363e.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3