Pete 

Hi Pete.

It is rail grey. Railmatch 206

Ian

21 hours ago, 47606odin said:

Hi Pete.

It is rail grey. Railmatch 206

Ian

Thanks Ian, that's a massive help, i am trying to do my first loco re-spray and couldn't find the correct colour 

keep up the good work 

P.S.

was the water that you used for the transfers cold or slightly warm, I was advised to use slightly warm water but had no success

thanks

Pete

3 minutes ago, PDBV said:

Thanks Ian, that's a massive help, i am trying to do my first loco re-spray and couldn't find the correct colour 

keep up the good work 

P.S.

was the water that you used for the transfers cold or slightly warm, I was advised to use slightly warm water but had no success

thanks

Pete

my water was room temperature. I trust you added a drip of washing up liquid to help with surface tension.

regarding the paint codes, just type in google rail match scot rail, or rail match dutch etc etc for whatever livery you want and I think it is a Fox Transfers link or something which lists all the rail match paint codes for each livery

5 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

my water was room temperature. I trust you added a drip of washing up liquid to help with surface tension.

regarding the paint codes, just type in google rail match scot rail, or rail match dutch etc etc for whatever livery you want and I think it is a Fox Transfers link or something which lists all the rail match paint codes for each livery

Thanks Ian thats a massive help, i will go and have a look now 

The regular EWS  Depot Driver at 73C retired a few years ago and he was known as "Speedy",  and was that written on the back of his Hi-Vis jacket, it was said he was medically restricted from performing  main line duties. Hoo Junction is the main depot and office for the former EWS operation   

1 hour ago, Pandora said:

The regular EWS  Depot Driver at 73C retired a few years ago and he was known as "Speedy",  and was that written on the back of his Hi-Vis jacket, it was said he was medically restricted from performing  main line duties. Hoo Junction is the main depot and office for the former EWS operation   

I was a Hoo driver from 2005 - 2011 which was when i came to drive trains here in Western Australia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m still here

i have been doing some Star Wars stuff, so Hither Green has taken a bit of a back stage position.

However having completed the costume, it’s time for some more profess

Edited by 47606odin
  • Like 1

I have put off on my last 2 layouts, building the traverser/sector plate/fiddle yard, because I was never sure the best way to build something reliable.

I kept looking at this one, and kept stalling, and if I stalled much longer, I was starting to think it would stop this layout too, and I can’t let it happen again 

so, I have started. I am still not sure how this will turn out, but I have started

F1FA055B-CA47-48F8-8B4C-3B28469F8F8D.jpeg.144bd071dd6928296009c1fd53960648.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Thank you work. My layout now has a traverser paid for in the most by my Bunnings voucher, although I have run out of track

85F4AC81-BB01-4F9A-B61A-330816860C2C.jpeg.eb52e986274b97eb37ac83cf451d33fc.jpegC6141A56-5E5B-4409-8418-B2EF0AA30F3C.jpeg.e397e7428290775c7bd21a8bb83b2c1b.jpeg0D9D3045-0299-42E4-9194-4818AE1A9504.jpeg.ed0568df125713761dc5a9854b2cdfd1.jpeg

this is is the first traverser I have built, and it works quite nicely, although I have to fit a slide rail under the join to prevent the table drooping at the front 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, sb67 said:

The traverser looks good, enjoyed your update video, look forward to seeing you weather the van body.

Steve.

Thanks Steve.

That video should come sooner rather than later due to less procrastinating, which is what the issue with the traverser was and the YOB is.

I may do too much thinking before I do things, but I like to do things that will last and won't bug me in the future.

Ian