Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

excellent work Ian, I have a ground van to build for my layout, was a freebie from a magazine, so will be giving the salt weathering method a go

keep up the good work

Pete

• Like 1

On 24/05/2019 at 18:55, PDBV said:

excellent work Ian, I have a ground van to build for my layout, was a freebie from a magazine, so will be giving the salt weathering method a go

keep up the good work

Pete

Give it a go. sprinkled salt for a general patchy paint peel, or fill in areas for panels that have stripped. the affect will vary depending on how finely you grind the salt. its fun to practice

Edited by 47606odin
  • Like 1

Well, it’s nice being in dear old Blighty, but the traffic! I didn’t miss it.

unfortunately with Dapol and Heljan both running late with their products means my visit to Hattons and Tower will be a lot cheaper than they were going to be, and I will have to risk the postal service for my heavy locos, so will have to expect damage. I was hoping to protect them in my luggage a bit. At least I will be able to get some railmatch paint whilst I’m here. Do I buy a pair of 20’s......need to keep weeds down, but can I live with the over round tops of the roofs, I will have to see one in the flesh

any decent shows in the next few weeks as I missed Doncaster?

• Like 1

Hi Ian,

Looks like you are having a good time in the UK. Can't beat a bit of class 50 thrash. Any other Pres lines on the to do list?

Cheers Peter

Edited by P.C.M

Having seen the now decorated examples of the new Heljan class 50, I am very tempted given rule 1, no 50’s to the best of my knowledge have been on HG

being a shareholder of 50019 Ramillies, it would be nice to have it in early NSE livery

Looks like you're having a good time and making the most of your visit. Good luck in Hattons, I've never been there but I can only imagine the  temptation! 

Enjoy.

Steve.

12 hours ago, sb67 said:

Looks like you're having a good time and making the most of your visit. Good luck in Hattons, I've never been there but I can only imagine the  temptation! 

Enjoy.

Steve.

Luckily Steve, Heljan and Dapol are both running so late, there maybe nothing to tempt me, still waiting for 33’s and pilots, unless I need a 20 to convert to keep weeds under control..... we’ll have to wait and see 

• Thanks 1