Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2019 at 19:07, 47606odin said:

Having seen the now decorated examples of the new Heljan class 50, I am very tempted given rule 1, no 50’s to the best of my knowledge have been on HG

being a shareholder of 50019 Ramillies, it would be nice to have it in early NSE livery

A class 50 did make a short appearance at  HG in the mid 90s,a consist  in transit to an Open Day, I cannot recall the other locos in the consist

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It might not be much, but it’s a movement in the forward direction.

started off going to paint the back boards as it was dark and gloomy, but whilst dragging out the decorating box, I found some filler, so I made the main concrete sections of the shed threshold 

25291B67-70F7-4F8B-8E5E-3FBD0EBC773D.jpeg.3a51fbdb2f613fc9bf4cfce1e26092dc.jpeg

• Like 5

well, having had the filler dry, i am not sure weather i am happy with it for the shed threshold as i will need to replicate it in the shed too, so I think it is a mistake, and i will take it up. However the filler on the back scene has been a success and the back scene board now has a coat of gloss white paint, and the layout immediately looks a lot lighter

so option 2 for the shed concrete floor is thick card, so i may go and buy some tomorrow from our local craft shop and see what i can come up with.

on the class 60 front, i have just ordered a rather large Zimo sound chip and the Paul Chetter sound file from Digitrains. Hopefully it will be as good as his 08 sound file

well, i can't believe we are a year in, whilst i am a little disappointed at the progress, these matters are exasperated by being half way around the world from the majority of suppliers and everything takes so long to arrive, as well as waiting to get a sensible order together before ordering to try to reduce shipping and fluctuating exchange rates.

however, we are still moving forward, and hopefully soon, 60001 will join the 09 and 33050 running around as its chip is on its way

30 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Bloomin lovely mate, it really is coming to life now, and I live the TTG 60 and 33, superb.

thanks, it does suddenly become a model layout rather than a trainset when you start adding ballast. still can't get too close to the backboards as i am still waiting for the back scene

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, D6775 said:

You'll have to keep an eye out for the Buzz Models kit when it appears. If its anything the 84 that was on display at Telford it should be good.

yes, i have seen that they are progressing with the ED. i am looking at possibly 4 of them if they get the cab shape right