Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

On 11/11/2019 at 05:59, 47606odin said:

the clock will be made, the concrete base is in position ready

It is actually two clocks  back to back,  the clock facing Country stopped at 2 minutes to 7, the London clock stopped at 20 minutes past 10,  from old photographs they stopped at those times 30 to 40 years ago.

9 hours ago, Pandora said:

It is actually two clocks  back to back,  the clock facing Country stopped at 2 minutes to 7, the London clock stopped at 20 minutes past 10,  from old photographs they stopped at those times 30 to 40 years ago.

yes, it is indeed 2 seperate clock faces back to back

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Very nice, need some dirty door handles as well now, haha. Don't forget the dirty Boot marks on the floor inside the Door as well mate.:good:

the cleaner has been in and done his best, regaling the door handles, just got to see if I can find what type it had, knob or handle 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it’s been a few weeks and I had to go and find my thread, eventually got to it

i have just been so busy at work, but I am taking a few days off so I can get some bits done

i shall start with the following, it’s not an exciting photo, but the lintels are painted for the guards lobby

9A49D9E6-7556-4860-B632-D6BF4A0E4844.jpeg.df66efe61fb72ff0fc2a662b37f914e9.jpeg

not much, but it’s something, and they can be fitted tomorrow 

• Like 3

This is what I am trying to recreate, within space constraints foreshortening things closer together, but the intention is so you can recognise the location with ease

after sleeping on it overnight, I decided to lift the dirt off the corner of the building, and add more rust to the wagon body ends.....much happier 

15FB9F42-7FF6-4508-9830-C0A3250E2B1C.jpeg.03794e640bc6bc1aa0f57bcfcf5d709d.jpeg7D558103-A684-46D0-83F9-6C16A53B3AAA.jpeg.8c92ffb278e0549ecd71663fe5520b25.jpeg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The missing blue barrell lets it down. Shame as not a bad effort otherwise :)

I dont know why but some Heljan diesels seem to look better in liveries where the cab window area is dark. My green 33 just doesnt look quite right from head on whereas yours is very convincing.

Edited by Hal Nail

16 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

The missing blue barrell lets it down. Shame as not a bad effort otherwise :)

I dont know why but some Heljan diesels seem to look better in liveries where the cab window area is dark. My green 33 just doesnt look quite right from head on whereas yours is very convincing.

the cleaner is emptying the barrels in the skip round the back.

what makes a big difference is a slightly faded yellow and a weathered wash picking out the details on the front

• Agree 1

Ooh, the class 50’s are out, I shall hold my wallet though and keep an eye on the totals available on my preferred retailers website, as the 33’s are out in January and I have 2 on order.

the cromptons obviously being more important than the log, as rule 1 would have to apply to justify it being on depot as from all I can find on the net, one has never been on HG

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, 47606odin said:

Ooh, the class 50’s are out, I shall hold my wallet though and keep an eye on the totals available on my preferred retailers website

Tower have posted they've already sold out in some liveries....

Edited by Hal Nail