Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

• 2 weeks later...

New toy arrived on Hither Green. Slightly out of era but it’s going to be 08865 which I drove with my son at Hoo Junction before we emigrated 

Have to repaint the roof as it shouldn’t be black, and those rods are very bright. Luckily for me I have a sound chip already to go in it

86019145-E258-438A-B954-BAA455C68A2B.jpeg.352480451c4a2fd4e5c7f0df71c2df40.jpeg2F24967A-1FA1-4A70-ADC3-569A88832C41.jpeg.17acfd727407a5fbb54b1ffaaafb6d47.jpeg921EAD31-AC8E-4730-9CB9-47F274A13385.jpeg.c0c156fb87e46d984016ea7fbddc7962.jpeg

• Like 7

On 31/01/2020 at 01:18, Hal Nail said:

Sorry if I've missed it but which 33s were you getting?

well one was lonely at hattons, so now I have 3 coming

originally it was one construction and 33008, but looking at the low numbers at Hattons, I also bought the last construction sector one to add to the other 2

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Argh!

So the sound chip saga continues.

Digitrains have sent my replacement chip for my 08, with completely the wrong sound files on, it sounds awful, despite our long email conversation and request for confirmation that the right things were ordered.

Am I the only person who has issues using the search function on Jeremy’s site, resulting in me trawling through his site to eventually find what I want? (Which appears to be wrong)

think I might return to using DCKits for my other loco sound chips.

So frustrating because for every issue it’s a 4 week turn round and cost to sort this stuff out :banghead::mad_mini:

• Friendly/supportive 1

Yes it is not the most user friendly site. As I live in the UK I always phone to confirm my order. It may be worth the extra cost of a phone call to save a lot of time and hassle. Love your layout, looking forward to more loco weathering updates as you get around to them

cheers

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

In my dealings with them both at shows and on the phone they have been very knowledgeable and efficient.  I do agree with class27 comment above suggesting you make phone contact.

You make a valid point about having the sound chip confirmed it is what you ordered before shipping it out.

There are several 08's on here showing their sound qualities off and ID's which may help you to get the one you want.  One such layout showing them is Andrew P's Seven Mills Siding.

Class layout though full of realism and detail. :sungum:

Best

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

In my dealings with them both at shows and on the phone they have been very knowledgeable and efficient.  I do agree with class27 comment above suggesting you make phone contact.

You make a valid point about having the sound chip confirmed it is what you ordered before shipping it out.

There are several 08's on here showing their sound qualities off and ID's which may help you to get the one you want.  One such layout showing them is Andrew P's Seven Mills Siding.

Class layout though full of realism and detail. :sungum:

Best

yes, I do have  a Paul Chetter chip In my blue 08 and that is what I was discussing with Jeremy, however it appears that is not what I ordered, but that is down to website search issues, and the fact it wasn’t confirmed as I requested when I placed the order.

I had requested what I wanted via email but had to order through the site which is what I was trying to avoid 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, 47606odin said:

yes, I do have  a Paul Chetter chip In my blue 08 and that is what I was discussing with Jeremy, however it appears that is not what I ordered, but that is down to website search issues, and the fact it wasn’t confirmed as I requested when I placed the order.

I had requested what I wanted via email but had to order through the site which is what I was trying to avoid 

Just my personal preference, but nobody can beat the Paul Chetter sounds for an 08, persona

lly. Also if Digitrac have sent the wrong thing, as good as they are, they should cover any return postage.

There seems to be a growing habit in many walks of life these days that people just read what they want to read on an email or the ‘comments’ part of an order. I’ve had a couple of things off eBay lately where i’ve requested something be done or confirmation if something, by putting it in the ‘note to seller’ - very rarely is it acted on :(

However, back on topic. Great modelling! Really starting to come to life now.

Rich

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Just my personal preference, but nobody can beat the Paul Chetter sounds for an 08, persona

lly. Also if Digitrac have sent the wrong thing, as good as they are, they should cover any return postage.

There seems to be a growing habit in many walks of life these days that people just read what they want to read on an email or the ‘comments’ part of an order. I’ve had a couple of things off eBay lately where i’ve requested something be done or confirmation if something, by putting it in the ‘note to seller’ - very rarely is it acted on :(

However, back on topic. Great modelling! Really starting to come to life now.

Rich

yes, Jeremy at Digitrains is being helpful, just frustrating given the fact it’s so far and takes so long

and thank you for the compliment. I am happy with how it is coming together. Hopefully a sensible update enough for a video by the end of the week

• Like 3