Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

6 hours ago, hoover50008 said:

Great sound, they wouldn't be stood next to the loco for long with all the clag that would be coming out the top!!  White out.

unfortunately there’s no real way to replicate it, seuth smoke generators just don’t do it for me

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, pwr said:

I wonder if other modelling disciplines do a proper exhaust generator - do our military modellers do anything for tanks for example. It can't be that difficult

Paul R

you look at people vaping emitting clouds of white smoke that would work, looks more like smoke than the stuff from Seuth. I wonder if there’s any of that technology available 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just had a catch up with your thread, those figures look fantastic. I like the group outside the office, can imagine they are getting their orders for the day, or the guy is writing down a list for the cafe! 

What colours did you use for the flesh tone? I'm painting some figures but finding 'flesh' colour too bold.

2 hours ago, 47606odin said:

you look at people vaping emitting clouds of white smoke that would work, looks more like smoke than the stuff from Seuth. I wonder if there’s any of that technology available 

I've wondered that too, not sure I've ever known a 50 smelling of Vanilla mind.................

I wonder if just swapping the Seuth Oil for some of that Vape stuff would work?

Edited by D6775
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, 47606odin said:

1 hour ago, D6775 said:

I've wondered that too, not sure I've ever known a 50 smelling of Vanilla mind.................

I wonder if just swapping the Seuth Oil for some of that Vape stuff would work?

It does, a guy from our Club had it in his American HO Steam Loco, it looked better than Sueth, but was Rasberry scented which kinda spoilt the effect some what.:laugh_mini2:

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, sb67 said:

Just had a catch up with your thread, those figures look fantastic. I like the group outside the office, can imagine they are getting their orders for the day, or the guy is writing down a list for the cafe! 

What colours did you use for the flesh tone? I'm painting some figures but finding 'flesh' colour too bold.

well, I have just redone the flesh as they were all looking rather pasty, so I got a dollop of white, added a drip of red, nixed to make a pale pink, then added a touch of humbrol 121 and blended to a colour I was happy with. The colour in real life is paler than it looks on the photo

image.jpg.95c4aab5924833c59e5145e0c34d8da3.jpg

I matched it to my own skin tone

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2