Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

1 hour ago, 47606odin said:

my mentor was Banko, and yes, I have been pointed in that direction for the plates, and luckily he does the window frames too

Thats Good, Banko rings a bell can't say I knew him though. 

Cheers Peter.

ARRRGH!

thanks Hattons!

the 37 I ordered to make this mojo building project has been thrown into disarray 

it turns out, having purchased this and the warwells, that they don’t actually have one in stock, so cancelled my class 37

this leaves me with etched window frames, replacement buffers, loco transfers, and loco nameplates in the post on their way with nothing to attach them to.

okay, no real panic, it turns out tower have some but at the more expensive price, do a search and Antics have them for the same reduced price Hattons have them for. Place the order

wake up this morning with a PayPal link from Antics requesting an additional £121 postage!

honestly, if I hadn’t bought the warwells, I would have scrapped this project as the warwells are not I keeping with my HG depot build. Frustration abounds :banghead:

• Friendly/supportive 6

Okay, where we are at....Tractor gate

i got a quote from Tower models for shipping the 37 with them, and that was £95.50.

dropped that info onto Antics, who have agreed to match the shipping price with the cheaper loco price than tower, so not quite as cheap as Hattons, but cheaper than Tower or Rails

the project is back on!

going to tidy my modelling room and finally built the electronics for my mates E11 blaster that’s been sat on the bench too long, and hopefully then with space again, I’ll get my mojo back and we can crack on with HG

• Like 1

Ahhhh Ian that's a kick in the dogs danglers even if they have one that postage is caustic. 

I'm looking forward to you clearing your modelling room out and then cracking on with HG.

You can do it.

Regards

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Ahhhh Ian that's a kick in the dogs danglers even if they have one that postage is caustic. 

I'm looking forward to you clearing your modelling room out and then cracking on with HG.

You can do it.

Regards

we will Barnaby, it’s just getting it squared up and room in there again, and I’ll feel better then

• Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, 47606odin said:

going to tidy my modelling room and finally built the electronics for my mates E11 blaster that’s been sat on the bench too long, 

Mine needs an overhaul, it got dropped last year and just got chucked back together as it was needed!! - Might actually get a new kit, would be interested in what you've done electronics wise on it?

11 minutes ago, D6775 said:

Mine needs an overhaul, it got dropped last year and just got chucked back together as it was needed!! - Might actually get a new kit, would be interested in what you've done electronics wise on it?

well my kit came with the electronics assembled and I just had to install it in the blaster as I built it. This one however is a bag of bits and a diagram. It’s a blaster master kit, as was seen on YouTube 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, 47606odin said:

Well, I don’t like those pop up adverts that appear on the bottom of the screen here now.

well, off to the man cave to tidy it up! Wish me luck

Im not getting them - might be my browser Opera killing them?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 47606odin said:

Well, I don’t like those pop up adverts that appear on the bottom of the screen here now.

Seems to be something to do with MS Edge I have just switched to Chrome to see what happens there and no adds. On my phone its even worse as I can't get rid of the 'Accept Cookies' box now.

While writing this I have found my cookie settings on MS Edge and deleted them. Seems to rid me of the adds.

• Informative/Useful 1

Yeah I'm not liking those adverts either but I think it is down to chrome as explorer doesn't do it but then that won't work properly with this new upgrade so forced to change browser to a more modern one.

Liking looking for your mojo Ian, I think you are getting warmer.

I'll probably visit this forum less if I can't find a way to display without the "adds" and not by joining gold, they are very annoying.

The right hand side of my pages has very little on it why not put the adds down there.

I'll check out my chrome/google settings to see if there is a get rid hammer.

Best

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

Yeah I'm not liking those adverts either but I think it is down to chrome as explorer doesn't do it but then that won't work properly with this new upgrade so forced to change browser to a more modern one.

Liking looking for your mojo Ian, I think you are getting warmer.

I'll probably visit this forum less if I can't find a way to display without the "adds" and not by joining gold, they are very annoying.

The right hand side of my pages has very little on it why not put the adds down there.

I'll check out my chrome/google settings to see if there is a get rid hammer.

Best

I'm running Chrome too,don't see any ads either.

atb

Phil

• Informative/Useful 1

23 hours ago, 34006 said:

I'm running Chrome too,don't see any ads either.

Yes I have discovered it's not Chrome that is causing the adds but it is as Ian has just said they're Google adds, now to turn them off.

Regards

• Informative/Useful 1

On 13/10/2020 at 18:00, D6775 said:

Seems to be something to do with MS Edge I have just switched to Chrome to see what happens there and no adds. On my phone its even worse as I can't get rid of the 'Accept Cookies' box now.

While writing this I have found my cookie settings on MS Edge and deleted them. Seems to rid me of the adds.

I'm on Chrome and I still get them on every page, Its driving me away, and now I cant see    what I'm writing cause another pop up has piped up

2 hours ago, D6775 said:

Think that's the first overall picture I have seen of HG. Your other pictures make it look so much bigger!

Yeah, I was shocked when I saw that, at first I thought that was the 009 Ian was talking about.