Bocott Steel

pitbull1845

Hi..

Believe it or not things continue to progress with Bocott Steel.

There are still a lot of bits to do, the grey roof is just placed on at the moment, it will be covered in the blue sheeting eventually.

I've yet to complete the shunter maintenance shed too.

attachicon.gif20181004_155331_resized.jpgattachicon.gif20181004_155402_resized.jpgattachicon.gif20181004_155416_resized.jpg

Rolling stock is still minimal at the moment, but there are rumours that a Janus shunter may arrive at some point in the near future, the finance dept are just doing their sums.

That's it for now.

Did you get your Janus, just saw this in Bargain Hunters http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/125236-bargain-hunters-mark-2/page-61&do=findComment&comment=3343323

Thanks, I've got one in the pipeline from a friend, but not at that price. Unfortunately they're now out of stock otherwise I would've purchased another to keep it company..

Thanks Marcus,
Somehow I don't think mine would run through weeds that tall!

In other news, I finished off ballasting last night so hopefully will be ready for a bit more scenic work when its dry.. Then I can get back to running trains, after a very good clean of the track and points! 

• Like 5

Afternoon,

Today I've had a day to myself, the first part was spent working on the layout. I decided to start work on the scenic fiddle yard. However I think its going to become just another part of the layout rather than a FY.

Ballasting was the main task today, and I managed to achieve that. I'll do the points separately when I'm less rushed.

post-6849-0-07143300-1541608445_thumb.jpgpost-6849-0-72829600-1541608469_thumb.jpgpost-6849-0-05655500-1541608496_thumb.jpg

The scenics will be fairly straight forward, with a reataining wall to the rear, just deciding whether to use a photo backscene or just use the blue paint..

The crew room will probably stay as this will be a BR yard, rather than part of the steel works, So staff will need a mess..

That's about it for now, Leon I'll aim for Christmas too.

• Like 12