Bocott Steel

pitbull1845

Thanks guys..im pleased with the way it's going..

37114 (deputising for a coal sector 37) can be seen arriving at the run round after discharging its coal load. After a short tea stop the driver will be returning the empties back to Nelson Bog, somewhere in the valleys.

post-6849-0-46128900-1538133540_thumb.jpg

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 9

Hi..

Believe it or not things continue to progress with Bocott Steel.

There are still a lot of bits to do, the grey roof is just placed on at the moment, it will be covered in the blue sheeting eventually.

I've yet to complete the shunter maintenance shed too.

post-6849-0-97942100-1538665532_thumb.jpgpost-6849-0-98881200-1538665560_thumb.jpgpost-6849-0-84980400-1538665589_thumb.jpg

Rolling stock is still minimal at the moment, but there are rumours that a Janus shunter may arrive at some point in the near future, the finance dept are just doing their sums.

That's it for now.

• Like 18

Thanks guys..im pleased with the way it's going..

37114 (deputising for a coal sector 37) can be seen arriving at the run round after discharging its coal load. After a short tea stop the driver will be returning the empties back to Nelson Bog, somewhere in the valleys.

lol, quality mate....

I better get on with getting it built.....

Great shot....

Wow, Looking grand mate ! That's some impressive steelworks...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

Just a quick update.. I'm still moving forward with the layout, all be it slowly.

Have to say thanks to Paul (PaulRhb) and Nigel (Melangoose) who have both been very supportive.

The crane in the picture was donated by Nigel, and I'm very grateful.

post-6849-0-19868700-1540133607_thumb.jpg

Paul popped down with his static grass equipment and has left it with me to have a play.

post-6849-0-43765800-1540133644_thumb.jpg

So I think it's starting to look better.

The Hobby has been so beneficial to me over the last couple of years where my life felt like it had hit rock bottom. I have limited funds so I've resorted to using odds and ends to make items, which I've actually found quite fun. That and the support from my modelling friends has been so helpful.

Keep smiling.

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 16

Looking EXCELLENT Scott, I do like lots of over grown sidings, so cant wait to do that to Seven Mills Sidings soon. 

Luckily I had some great modelling friends when I had similar problems back in the late 70's, No R M W back then, just good supportive mates to get me through it. 

AND soon I was smiling again, hahhah :sungum:

• Like 1

Looking EXCELLENT Scott, I do like lots of over grown sidings, so cant wait to do that to Seven Mills Sidings soon.

Luckily I had some great modelling friends when I had similar problems back in the late 70's, No R M W back then, just good supportive mates to get me through it.

AND soon I was smiling again, hahhah :sungum:

I always if you could apply long grass with a static grass applicator. Then use a hair trimmer to cut a swathe to rail level where the trains would have brushed it down. Or option 2, use a low height grass on the track area, then apply glue from the sleeper ends out and use longer strands.

Hi.

Just a quick update.. I'm still moving forward with the layout, all be it slowly.

Have to say thanks to Paul (PaulRhb) and Nigel (Melangoose) who have both been very supportive.

The crane in the picture was donated by Nigel, and I'm very grateful.

attachicon.gif20181021_151514_resized.jpg

Paul popped down with his static grass equipment and has left it with me to have a play.

attachicon.gif20181021_151440_resized.jpg

So I think it's starting to look better.

The Hobby has been so beneficial to me over the last couple of years where my life felt like it had hit rock bottom. I have limited funds so I've resorted to using odds and ends to make items, which I've actually found quite fun. That and the support from my modelling friends has been so helpful.

Keep smiling.

I shudder to think what you could have done with more funds and fewer odds and ends.

Following this thread has been very interesting, but Pete - are you going to put up some portacabin offices and maybe a grab crane for the scrap traffic siding? What was the boundary fencing from?

regards

Paul