Bocott Steel

pitbull1845

I've just spent the last hour researching YouTube and in particular, Newport station. I've come to the conclusion that 1999/2000 offers the best in terms of loco livery variety, so that's the era I'm going to go for.

My scenic FY may now become a homage to Godfrey Road!

• Like 2

Hi Scott, 

In that case the steelworks could be based on a site within Newport Dock or on the Uskmouth branch I believe there is a steel facility. They used to use a brake van when propelling a train down the branch with would be a useful job for your brake van. 

I've just spent the last hour researching YouTube and in particular, Newport station. I've come to the conclusion that 1999/2000 offers the best in terms of loco livery variety, so that's the era I'm going to go for.
My scenic FY may now become a homage to Godfrey Road!

• Like 1

Hi Scott, 

In that case the steelworks could be based on a site within Newport Dock or on the Uskmouth branch I believe there is a steel facility. They used to use a brake van when propelling a train down the branch with would be a useful job for your brake van.

It’s called bird port I believe, used to use a shark , but now appears TNT 66s

Hi..

Just a quick update from me before I head out on the school run..

The scenic FY is coming on well, and I've decided to name it after another of my did not finish layouts. Redbrook.

As I intimated earlier, the era is moving slightly to allow a few more livery varieties, and after a couple of sales I've purchased the latest loco for the fleet.

Meet 56059; stabled in the sidings.

post-6849-0-42334900-1542032057_thumb.jpg

post-6849-0-95998500-1542034794_thumb.jpg

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Hi Scott, 

Didn't they later use a FCA (or FYA depending on it's modifications) flat with a chopped 20' box as a propelling control vehicle? Air pipe connected into the box.

Goes to look for photos.. and finds 610290

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stuarts-phots/6912232609/in/photolist-Ur5a8M-jvhW6Q-hmn7kw-9Vm1FE-durQKn-23hnF8W-bwNZWi-9VibrB-6rgJjW-7VRFBu-6GbE45-cYs4XL-cYsJWh-dk1vtN-X9zWcZ-JTwqGm-Fc7ZEn-ssR5x8-K9oFsG-vr7KcH-ta6fQc-uVEv9Y-sHnvmE-MqTN36-pD4Xo6-SZSrLt-8TGwJg-o3nQ1n

Cheers,

Mick 

• Like 1

Didn't they later use a FCA (or FYA depending on it's modifications) flat with a chopped 20' box as a propelling control vehicle? Air pipe connected into the box.

Goes to look for photos.. and finds 610290

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stuarts-phots/6912232609/in/photolist-Ur5a8M-jvhW6Q-hmn7kw-9Vm1FE-durQKn-23hnF8W-bwNZWi-9VibrB-6rgJjW-7VRFBu-6GbE45-cYs4XL-cYsJWh-dk1vtN-X9zWcZ-JTwqGm-Fc7ZEn-ssR5x8-K9oFsG-vr7KcH-ta6fQc-uVEv9Y-sHnvmE-MqTN36-pD4Xo6-SZSrLt-8TGwJg-o3nQ1n

Cheers,

Mick

I think a brake van will be easier!

Quality modelling mate, really neat track and ballasting. Just need a respray out of that Maroon and Gold now... :)

Hi..
Just a quick update from me before I head out on the school run..
The scenic FY is coming on well, and I've decided to name it after another of my did not finish layouts. Redbrook.
As I intimated earlier, the era is moving slightly to allow a few more livery varieties, and after a couple of sales I've purchased the latest loco for the fleet.
Meet 56059; stabled in the sidings.
attachicon.gif20181112_140415_resized.jpg
attachicon.gif20181112_140506_resized.jpg