Layout Wiring - 12v DC

CliveN

I am building a layout with a double track, continuous run, including a junction, a branch on the north side of the junction and a goods yard on the south. I am assuming that should I wish to route trains between the branch and goods yard I will need to halt any trains on the main lines in isolated sections whilst doing so. I will be a solo operator using a Gaugemaster GMC-D twin track controller as I am not confident about handling more than 2 trains at a time.

Would someone kindly confirm that I'm not wrong in my thinking and advise me of the best electrical components and where to source them.

I am building a layout with a double track, continuous run, including a junction, a branch on the north side of the junction and a goods yard on the south. I am assuming that should I wish to route trains between the branch and goods yard I will need to halt any trains on the main lines in isolated sections whilst doing so. I will be a solo operator using a Gaugemaster GMC-D twin track controller as I am not confident about handling more than 2 trains at a time.

Would someone kindly confirm that I'm not wrong in my thinking and advise me of the best electrical components and where to source them.

Hi Clive my suggestion at this point is to sketch out your plan and post it on here. So it becomes very clear what you are thinking

And what you wish to achieve.

Good luck Dan

• Like 1