Class 33 Book

slilley

Ive not posted an update for a little while, but the editor has come back to me with some text queries which I have worked through and responded to today, so progress is being made. Hopefully it will not be too long before the proofs arrive and i will know then we are much closer to publication.

Obviously the whole lockdown situation has thrown a bit of a curve ball into things so publication dates etc may have to be moved a bit.

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

I was advised yesterday that I should expect a set of proofs with the photos included etc around mid-June, so fingers crossed the July date can be met. Much will depend on how the easing of lockdown goes.

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another update for you all on the book The Class 33s A Sixty Year History. The proofs have arrived, with photos in place etc. So the next few days will be busy busy busy checking and rechecking it is all as it should be.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

good luck ! The best typos are those in biggest type face ... and getting 33xxx blind will cause loads of fun !  And you know with the best will in the world once printed the most obvious case of word blindness will be laid bare.

Rather you than me !  

looking forward to this as on shelf by me is the 30 year Celebration by John Hyper printed in 1990, It will be good shelf mate. 

Robert  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well this afternoon, my comments on the proofs went back to the publisher for them take on board and make a few tweaks in various places.

Been quite a slog, but hopefully we are a step nearer completion.

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Another update everyone.

I have had the revised proofs back. Most of the glitches have been removed now. A few small points still to be finessed, which I will sort out over the coming days. We are several more steps towards completion.

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 5

10 hours ago, merlin46 said:

Sounds interesting. What format & size will the book be?

Tim Rogers

Hi Tim

it will be an A4 hardback book, 224 pages, with some 81,000 words and around 200  mostly colour photographs. There is a digest in the back giving the basic details of each locomotive.

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Well I have been through the revised set of proofs. My comments on the remaining glitches have just gone back to the publisher, so a few more steps forward.

Once we have got the book sorted out, the final task will be for me to compile the Index. I have the main headings all ready so that should be straightforwards once I get and agreed text.

Best wishes

Simon

Edited by slilley
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Another update for everyone.

The latest set of proofs arrived Thursday, and all the changes I had asked for have been made. The cover front and back is now all sorted, and I have responded to a couple of extra queries the Editor flagged up.

All being well we are now close to going to print.

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

Great I will pop down to Tornado books in Birmnigham tomorrow and see about getting one then or shortly after. 

Got to support the local shops

Robert  

Robert

I wholeheartedly agree. Hopefully now the book is in the warehouse, it should start going out to shops and customers in the next few days. Looking forwards to getting my own copy, always a surreal experience when you see it in the flesh so to speak for the first time.

Simon

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 18/09/2020 at 09:47, slilley said:

Robert

I wholeheartedly agree. Hopefully now the book is in the warehouse, it should start going out to shops and customers in the next few days. Looking forwards to getting my own copy, always a surreal experience when you see it in the flesh so to speak for the first time.

Simon

Pleased to say that my copy has arrived in the post this morning and from a very quick skim through it looks superb. Very comprehensive.

1 hour ago, 4630 said:

Pleased to say that my copy has arrived in the post this morning and from a very quick skim through it looks superb. Very comprehensive.

Thats great to hear. It was 3 years or so in the  researching and writing, 81,000 words long.

Incidently you have got your copy before mine has arrived, but I guess I already know what it says :-) 

I have just seen this on another forum. My advice would be to order from Crecy directly.

http://www.crecy.co.uk/the-class-33s

Re: Class 33 Book

#730105 byvulcan41 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:00 pm

WARNING . This book is being advertised at under £16 on both Amazon and Ebay by Books etc. I ordered the Co-Bo and Class 21 books from Books etc, never received and eventual refund after 3 weeks.

• Thanks 1