MGWR Ks GSR/CIE 650 Class release and pricing information

John M

Hi 

I have updated the CAD work for photoengraving after the final test assembly and expect to be in a position to release the kit in January 2019.

I am also looking at the option of supplying the kit with wheels gears and motor, but the position with the supply of motors and suitable wheels is uncertain at the moment and I am waiting clarification on expected availability from the suppliers.

The loco and tender kit includes parts to assemble the loco in either later MGWR or CIE condition with alternative cabs, springs and tender coal rails/plates.

The GSR cut crescent shaped holes in the valences of MGWR locos from the 1930s onwards. Although I have formed a half etched rebate on the inside of the valence to assist in cutting out the crescents (drilling & filing), I am looking at the option of supplying locos with this detail etched through for late GSR/CIE locos.2047693457_650Classvalences.thumb.jpg.25

Pricing information:

MGWR Ks CIE/GSR 650 Class . 0.40mm etched brass loco and tender body with nickle silver chassis, whitemetal detail fittings including boiler fittings, buffers, tool boxes, springs and axleguards. Brass top-hat wheel bearings, turned brass handrail knobs and straight brass wire for handrails and ejector pipework.

$240.00 NZ approx €135.00  ₤121.00 shipping approx $20NZ

Please not that prices do not include local purchase taxes and may be subject to VAT upon importation to the UK or Ireland

10% deposit on placing order. Balance prior to dispatch. payment by Paypal to majral@xtra.co.nz

Please state whether you prefer the valences pierced or solid. (sounds painful!)

Motorising Kits.

I am looking at supplying a OO Gauge motorising kit for these locos including wheels, gears and motor for these locos if there is sufficient interest.

My preference is for Markits wheels, High Level Road Runner + 54:1 gearbox and Mashima of Canon 10X20 or 12 X20 flat can motor.

Currently the Markits LNER 5'8" 16 spoke driving wheel the nearest equivalent to the MGWR 5'8" wheel is out of stock and may not be available for 3 months.

Provisional costings based on above specification.

Wheels $94 NZ approx €53  ₤48

Gearbox & motor $74 NZ approx €42  ₤37