Freemo USA 2018 Trent Valley meet.

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Well it's that time of year again and a bunch of us have hired the hall to set up another monster layout.

(Please note this is a private event so not open to view unless you contact Nick Palette due to insurance.)

Build in progress from 08:00

post-6968-0-23067400-1537606137_thumb.jpg

Nearly done

post-6968-0-08852800-1537606175_thumb.jpg

Diagram of the layout

post-6968-0-47862800-1537606206_thumb.jpg

Kipling Foods warehouse stocked up

post-6968-0-72753600-1537606231_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

And if my flipping toilet hadn't broken I'd be joining you all. Still, I'm sure replacing the contents of a cistern is nearly as much fun.

(0/3 with these things this year, with the weather wrecking the Epsom one, Christow clashing with my wife's birthday and emergency plumbing today... Better luck next year I guess!)

Have fun everyone.

Edited by Zomboid

If anyone's interested in knowing when these events are on, i'd suggest signing up to the freemo connect monthly newsletter here:
http://eepurl.com/cE9K19

If you're a facebook user, there's a complementary group there also:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/modularamerican

I've added my images here (and can send a link if other attendees want to add to it...)
https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/ModelRailroading-1/2018-09-21/

post-6762-0-60430100-1537736125_thumb.jpgpost-6762-0-86903900-1537736179_thumb.jpgpost-6762-0-04732100-1537736195_thumb.jpgpost-6762-0-17203800-1537736210_thumb.jpgpost-6762-0-26057600-1537736230_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

That looks like a whole pile of fun.

Might try and get an invite to it next year maybe.

Just ask :) we do all contribute to the hall hire so there is a small contribution to cover a visit but you can run trains so you really do get involved. You don't even need your own loco as you can team up with someone else as we need two man crews and use theirs.
  • Like 1

I'd just like to say a heartfelt "thank you" to all you guys who posted pictures of the event, for us long-way-away people who couldn't attend. It is really nice to see the "scenicifying" of the boards that has been taking place as the years go by - and the very useful pics of buildings - it gives me lots of ideas for background buildings on my layout attempts - much appreciation for your efforts.

Edited by shortliner

• RMweb Gold

Really sad I couldn't attend but I have no plans for a heart attack next year or bypass surgery so hopefully next year... As someone who was just a day visitor last year it was a very welcoming group of people.

Well Mel was just recovered from one last year and in full fettle this year so hope to see you next year too :)
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

. It is really nice to see the "scenicifying" of the boards that has been taking place as the years go by - and the very useful p[ics of buildings - it gives me lots of ideas for background buildings on my layout attempts - much appreciation for your efforts.

And it was your layout that helped inspire my new big warehouse :)

• RMweb Gold

Tiny one, ah found it Fiddlestick! Plus topics and those inspirations you post as well, with Lance Mindheims bits and then Rays monster End of the Spur, (edit to correct the layout!), warehouse tipped me over! :)

I've done the Pikestuff kits but needed to get on an build something bigger where they actually look bigger than the train serving them! I had forgotten how small Fiddlestick was but the pic I'd saved was the impression I was after so thanks for that and keep the ideas going ;)

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1