sem34090

• RMweb Gold

Ah, so it's your fault!

Now that the S15 is back in traffic, the Schools is getting some attention - and I have it on good authority that she's getting a coat of paint too - into BR lined green :-)

• Agree 1

Clearly! Though today wasn't too quiet and had its eventful moments.

It has been public knowledge for a short while now that 925 will shortly be 30925 once more. Whilst I appreciate the sound reasoning behind it and certainly can't dispute that it is, on many grounds, a good idea, my personal pre-nationalisation bias makes me wonder how she might have looked in olive with no deflectors... Mind you, with 926 already in Olive, and 928 in Malachite I suppose it's nice to have one of the three survivors in a BR livery and it will match the rest of our coaching stock (and most of our loco fleet) quite nicely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Paul.Uni said:

I see on the loco roster, 506 is operating the freight train on 27th & 28th July.

That's my understanding. She looked particularly shiny today on the dining set. Though personally the Ivatt on the second three-car set was more my thing...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Great news for 4mm scale modellers in the latest Model Rail magazine. Class 11 diesel shunter number 12049 is among the fifteen models of of the locomotive that is currently planned for a special commission using Heljan to manufacture the model. They are also doing one of 12099 which is on the Severn Valley Railway although not in the SVR colour scheme. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Stopped by the MHR at Alresford on Saturday while travelling home, big thank you to the signalman who invited me into the box and showed me round - a real gentleman. The Ivatt tank looked great on its 3 coach train too!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Yes, that’s the one - the shortened train formation suited it perfectly and looked very much like the sort of train I run with my Ivatts on my layout.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

In case it is useful for anyone (probably not! :P), it's the final day out with Thomas event in 2019 tomorrow, so if you're hoping to attend one then best do it then, if you're trying to avoid one then I suggest not turning up until Monday!

Caught a sneak preview of 30925 today while she was temporarily brought out of the wheel drop shed. Although most below the running plate is still to do, the main bodywork looks to be finished and really is very smart. She's currently sporting an odd combination of lined SR green rear driver and bogie wheels, with black front driving wheel (at least on the side visible from the picnic area). Very much looking forward to seeing her in steam.

Also a very enjoyable round trip behind 506 for the first time since overhaul -- it makes a truly tremendous racket going up the bank!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Few pics from the Autumn Gala today. I think I might have spotted @sem34090 on platform duty at Medstead this afternoon. 
2AD5E1D1-7290-4B52-9ED9-9D4AABEAB65D.jpeg.0011d1d5805f68c4a9197e67212f35e0.jpeg

Standard 4MT 76017 powers through Ropley station.

IMG_5725.jpeg.52bf98788158dcccd8f11add6537decb.jpeg

No. 506 reverses from Ropley yard after dropping off the freight train to rescue the failed Standard 4MT 76017.

IMG_5727.jpeg.625ffeb31c296f0a4f1f72b8e14f1ae6.jpeg

Shunting moves at Medstead & Four Marks.

IMG_5728.jpeg.5e2f31a5fb43d038cfbe5a257bca1b0e.jpeg

9F 92212 on an Alresford-bound service in the afternoon sun at Ropley.

Edited by MrTea
Sorted photo orientation.
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for posting the photos gents. Sadly work scuppered my plans for getting down to the Gala this year. I do need to pop down at somepoint to check out those swanky new yard gates and see if I can incorporate a working set into the layout! 

Also, I understand that Ivatt 32312 is now in the ownership of the Railway? If so another good addition to the owned fleet. 

Tom. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, rogerzilla said:

I see Flying Scotsman is sold out - are tickets for other trains still being sold on those days?  Tbh I'd rather see it go past than sit on a train behind it.

As far as I know, day rovers will be available as usual, for station access and the other trains. I might be wrong though!

• Agree 1