Hornby Dublo

wilsoh

Hi All,

Myself and a friend a Cleveland Model Railway Club are putting together a Hornby Dublo layout on a 8X4 board.

Most of our stock ,including locos, is 50-60 years old. As a consequence the loco magnets are losing their power.

Where is the best place to get then re-magnetised.

Regards

Howard Wilson

• RMweb Gold

I'm not in the HRCA currently as my Dublo is in limbo pending a new layout so I would only be in for the magazine. (I was previously when my layout was active) However, I do recommend any Dublo runner joins as their Spares & Services directory is invaluable.

Edited by john new

• RMweb Gold

I have had some success re-magnetizing old Airfix slot car motor magnets with neodymium magnets off ebay. From what I remember from school if you just rub a strong magnet against a week magnet the week magnet gets stronger, give it a go see if that works or stick magnet to each side of the motor and see how it works. There is a machine that does it but they are expensive, you could always build one for yourself its just a big coil how hard can it be.......famous last words again...but seriously how hard can it be really. There used to be someone advertising in the back of the toddler but I don't remember when I last saw it. To be honest I would give peters spares a ring if anyone knows it'll be them.  

Regards Lez.Z.