Wrec-rail 2019 The Journey Continues

George Woodcock

• 2 months later...

Bumpity bump. As soon as we have that Christmas thingy done and dusted, our chief liason officer will be thundering into action in his usual quiet efficient manner to finalise some of the layouts we have provisionally booked for the 2019 extravaganza. One trader I can already confirm is Book Law, that purveyor of quality railway literature. ........

More to follow over the coming weeks.

Disgusting of Market Harborough

• RMweb Premium

Do you want a doorman again......and before El Emprendedor Occidental pipes up is there a discount for old fellas like him?

And shall I bung the train set in the car, just in case?

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

Hello

Oh go on Mick; you were on the list anyway.  And yes Clive we can always do with a supply of cheap labour, especially post Brexit.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

On behalf of the Wrecking Crew I would like to wish every-one a Happy Christmas and a reasonable New Year. We will start to announce our list of exhibitors in the New Year as well.

Cheers

George

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Hello

On behalf of the Wrecking Crew I would like to wish every-one a Happy Christmas and a reasonable New Year. We will start to announce our list of exhibitors in the New Year as well.

Cheers

George

Ah!!

Bah-humbug

:mosking: :mosking: :mosking:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Now that that Christmas thingy is out of the way and Clive has stopped being all Scrooge-y, our booking supremo George wil be announcing a few of our layouts for 2019. Hes been a busy bunny already so expect anannouncement soon.........

Yay, an announcement of an announcement!

Mike.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Apologies chaps and chapesses  for a dearth of information on WrecRail V.....George hasnt been enjoying the best of health lately, and so I've taken the baton vis a vis layout announcements.

The first of the runners and riders has now done a few exhibitions, winning awards at a few of them and generally showing what can be done in a small space in 2mm. Of course its none other than LYMEBROOK YARD, one of Steve Farmers magnificent creations. I would put a photo on here if I knew how but, if you go to the Layout section of this lovely site, you will see just what a splendid layout it is..

More to follow soon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

And the next one is;

Reading Signal Works by the esteemed Mr Alan Monk

And our first demoer is;

Mick Bryan doing whatever he likes

And our first trader is;

Booklaw selling er books

Cheers

George

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

Hello

Followed by 

Hither Green by Mr Carl White

The next demoer is,

Richard Dockerill with his outstanding O gauge creations

And our second trader is;

H&A Models with Cambrian, Peco/Parkside and Red Panda kits, and all the gubbins to make them plus much more. 

Cheers

George

• Like 2

Hello

Thanks for the picture Carl, see you in June

Cheers

George

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

For your delight and delectation the next layout is;

Botterill St Yard by Mr Pete Rye

And the next Demoer is;

Mr Phil Eames doing things with wagons

And the next Trader is;

Keith's Model Railways with new and secondhand models

Cheers

George

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as young George has gone swanning off on his little boys boat, its beholden to me to announce the next few herberts to be in attendance on the 29th.....Yes its only a month away!!

The next layout we can announce is really 2 layouts in one. Its George Ansells C&W Yard/Trodinnick Dries, which has to be seen to be believed! Its difficult to describe, so maybe you best come and see it in the flesh!
Not only is George bringing his somewhat unique layout but he is also bringing his S kits stand too, completing our list of traders. What do S kits supply? Various whitemetal and brass bits and pieces ranging from wagon kits to forklifts and wheely bins!

And finally, on the list of demo'ers is Paul Wade who tells me he'll be talking about buildings. 

More soon

DOMH

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, rounding off our list of participants in our little bun struggle of June 29th, are 3 more layouts including a late entry....
First off is Sutton St Annes, Anthony Suttons rather fine 2mm terminus set, if I remember correctly, in the 90s in the north west. From what I've seen on the photos, SSA as Tony calls it, captures the time snd place very well.
Secondly we have one of our regulars, Shaun Greet, debutting a new layout- Southgate DMU depot. Shaun tells me this will be a 'work in progress' with basically track, wiring and buildings.......oh and this is in OO
Finally, a late addition is Cappenham Yard which is a layout aquired by George and Nobby from Stu Davies for use as a DCC test track. What theyve done to it is anybodies guess, but I'm sure it will complement Stus original efforts. Again its in OO.

Okay then, youve had the runners and riders. We shall be listing them all together soon and giving directions for those yet to enjoy the WrecRail experience. For those coming by train, you can also experience the new straightened Market Harborough station!!
Right, having listed everybody (and confirmed the hall booking) I'm off to work out how we're going to fit it all in!

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Dave, 

Really looking forward to this after attending as a punter last year. 

Here's a wee run down of Sutton St. Annes and a couple of snap shots...

Sutton St. Annes is a small coastal town located somewhere alongside the Fylde coast, between the towns of Blackpool and Lytham in North-West Lancashire. The line to Sutton St. Annes diverges at Kirkham & Wesham on the Preston to Blackpool mainline.

Although Sutton St. Annes is a fictional location, most of the trains that you will see running are based on actual services that would have been seen operating in the area between 1990 and 1995. 

40646270593_be462d8f21_c.jpgIMG_20190413_094743 by Anthony Sutton, on Flickr

45504596341_5e41c20e4e_c.jpg31413 arriving by Anthony Sutton, on Flickr

43665087470_cf4fb8cefb_c.jpgGMPTE 150138 by Anthony Sutton, on Flickr

45808211515_26072df8de_c.jpgSutton St Annes by Anthony Sutton, on Flickr

46768471684_9aa9d76294_c.jpg142051 by Anthony Sutton, on Flickr

Do you like first & second gen DMU's? How about a class 31 or 37 on 'Club Train' duties? Let Sutton St. Annes take you back to the day's when real trains still operated in the north west. 

Cheers
Anthony

Edited by 37058
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 37058 said:

Let Suton St. Annes take you back to the day's when real trains still operated in the north west. 

Cheers
Anthony

Oooooh,  Suton St James,   is that it's "posh" name  :lol:

Edited by Nobby (John)
  • Funny 1