Wrec-rail 2019 The Journey Continues

George Woodcock

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Nobby (John) said:

Oooooh,  Sutton St James,   is that it's "posh" name  :lol:

Nobby, If your referring to the village in Lincolnshire, then I've only just realised myself that there is a said village :lol:

A lot of people at exhibitions ask why Sutton St. Annes. Well the answer is simple. Take my last name, chuck in St. Annes at the end (where the layout is loosely based - Lytham St. Annes) and hey presto... Well, I thought it worked anyway :blink:

P.S. The missing T from Sutton has now been corrected.  

Cheers

Anthony   

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, cobbler said:

Looking forward to seeing Sutton St Anne's at the show Anthony, enjoyed it at the Define show and Mountsorrel

Richard ( Wrecrail Kitchen Minion )

See you there boss :victory: I wonder if it will be as warm as last year? I'll pack my short just in case! 

Cheers

Anthony 

3 hours ago, 37058 said:

Nobby, If your referring to the village in Lincolnshire, then I've only just realised myself that there is a said village :lol:

A lot of people at exhibitions ask why Sutton St. Annes. Well the answer is simple. Take my last name, chuck in St. Annes at the end (where the layout is loosely based - Lytham St. Annes) and hey presto... Well, I thought it worked anyway :blink:

P.S. The missing T from Sutton has now been corrected.  

Cheers

Anthony   

Not at all Anthony, i was taking the "P" that you had left out a T in the name and it sounded more upmarket.............

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Nobby (John) said:

Not at all Anthony, i was taking the "P" that you had left out a T in the name and it sounded more upmarket.............

So that reply from myself was for nothing - That's 5 minutes of my life I will never get back :mad:;):lol::biggrin_mini2::drink_mini:

Cheers

Anthony 

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Just two weeks to go to this small but beautiful event.

Cheers

George

• Like 2

Its getting close now! For those who don't know where we are here are the directions to our little shindig

Directions to Wrec-Rail

By Road

From A14 junction 2

Exit junction 2 and follow the A508 to Market Harborough, passing through Kelmarsh and Great Oxendon en route. Drop down the hill into Market Harborough, crossing straight over the roundabout as you enter the town. Just past the Jet garage on your right is a right turn (Signed Braybrooke). Take this right turn, passing Buildbase on your left. After 100 yards take the left turn into Scotland Street. Pass along Scotland Street, past the primary school on the left and at the next junction bear left. The venue will come up on your right hand side.

From the A6 (both directions) and A427

Follow your respective route until you reach the roundabout where the A427 joins the A6 Market Harborough by-pass (2nd roundabout if you’re coming from Leicester; at the bottom of a hill if you’re coming in from the other routes).
At the roundabout take the A4304 towards the town centre, passing across the Tesco roundabout, until you reach the first set of traffic lights. At the lights turn left into Gores Lane. Follow Gores Lane to the T junction at the end then turn right into Kettering Road. Pass under the railway bridge then turn left into Rectory Lane after the Little Bowden Bowls Club and before the Cherry Tree public house. Follow Rectory Lane past the church on your left and you will see the venue on your left.

From the A4304 (junction 20 of the M1)

Follow the A4304 from J20 passing through Walcote, North Kilworth, Husbands Bosworth, Theddingworth and Lubenham. Drop down the hill into Market Harborough. At the roundabout at the bottom of the hill turn right (signed East Farndon) into Welland Park Road. Follow Welland Park Road, crossing over the next roundabout, to its end. At the traffic lights turn right into Northampton Road. Follow Northampton Road, past the Indian Restaurant on the left, until you reach a left turn (Signed Braybrooke). Then follow directions as per from the A14.

By Rail

Leave the station; pass across the forecourt and down the steps to the street. Cross the main road and take the wooden bridge into the Lidl supermarket car park. Cross the car park onto the roundabout and take the first exit. Follow this road round a corner until the Cherry Tree public house comes up on your right. Take the footpath (Church Lane) that runs alongside the pub, through the churchyard, and out into Rectory Lane. The venue will be in front of you.

Those of you coming by train will be able to experience the changes made at Market Harborough station- no more sinewy curves: its all straightened out!!

Finally, a final change to the cast......Mick Bryan sadly wont be able to make it, due to work commitments. In his stead we have Phil Sutton, who will no doubt be banging on about DCC fitted class 24s amongst other things!!! Just joshing Phil, its good to have you aboard!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

• Like 2

Just realised that I've missed someone off of the list of runners and riders and that is our fellow Wrecking Crew member from the mystic east (well, Ipswich) Kevin Dickerson who will answer any of your DCC queries.....I know he's coming cos I owe him money! 
Sorry about that Kev!

• Funny 1

Right then, I think I've just about got everything on the floor plan. So, to jog everybodys memory this is what you're getting for your £3.

LAYOUTS

N gauge

Hither Green PAD
Lymebrook Yard
Sutton St Annes

OO Gauge

Reading Signal Works
Southgate DMU Depot
C & W Yard/ Trodinnick Yard
Cappenham Yard

O Gauge

Botterill Street Yard

TRADERS

Book Law
Keiths Model Railways
H & A
S Kits

DEMOs

Dicky Dockerill
Phil Eames
Kevin Dickerson
Paul Wade
Phil Sutton

Light refreshments will also be available.
It all takes place at 

St Nicholas Church Hall.
Rectory Lane,
Little Bowden,
Market Harborough,
Leicestershire
LE16 8AS

And we kick off at 10 am....

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:41, ess1uk said:

i hope to see you all

shame Mick cant make it

Have a good show guys. Pity I can't make it, but I have to cover for other staff holidays (so I can get mine in later!)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Nobby (John) said:

So two minor "celebrities" cant make it, but a least the A list are still confirmed attendees...............

If Clive is one, who is the other...….?

Hello

You'll see him at Wigan John. 

Cheers

George

53 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Wow promotion to minor celeb :good:

Or is it the case of Mick and someone else who cannot make it :dontknow:

Minor Celeb? You'll be on Britain's not got Talent next week showing off your Hair Transplant. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

URGENT INFORMATION FOR PEOPLE COMING IN VIA THE A6 OR THE A427

Due to that wonderful organisation, Severn Trent Water, deciding that this weekend would be a good time to restart work on improving water pressure in our part of town, certain roads on the instructions will be closed. Apologies for this- this closure only went in today. So here is the UPDATED directions-

From the A6 (both directions) and A427

Follow your respective route until you reach the roundabout where the A427 joins the A6 Market Harborough by-pass (2nd roundabout if you’re coming from Leicester; at the bottom of a hill if you’re coming in from the other routes).
At the roundabout take the A4304 towards the town centre, passing across the Tesco roundabout, until you reach the first set of traffic lights. At the lights carry straight on, under the railway bridge and past the station to the next set of lights. At these lights, turn left over a little bridge (Aldi on your right) to the roundabout. Take the 2nd turn off the roundabout (you can't miss it, its got a ROAD CLOSED AHEAD sign in it). Follow this road passing the Cherry Tree public house. Just after the Cherry Tree, turn right into Rectory Lane. Follow Rectory Lane past the church on your left and you will see the venue on your left.

I would suggest if you're coming in from the Kettering direction that you use the A14 and come into Harborough following the directions from J2.

Basically, for those who know the area, the closure is under the Kettering Road railway bridge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2