Loco Diagrams

Corrour

Very interesting - please scan them before the ink fades!. I just had a look at the Inverness diagrams, I was unaware that some loco hauled trains from Inverness terminated at Stonehaven. They must have had to run round via two crossovers and shunt the empty stock from the up to the down platform. I don't think I have see any pictures of that move. I just checked my Quail and two cross overs were still there at the time, although I'm not sure if that is still the case.

Tha absence of freight diagrams for the Inverness locos is surprising. There was plenty of freight still around at the time, with the Speedlink network still in place.Was it all carried out by more southerly depots, or are the diagrams incomplete?

Very interesting - please scan them before the ink fades!. I just had a look at the Inverness diagrams, I was unaware that some loco hauled trains from Inverness terminated at Stonehaven. They must have had to run round via two crossovers and shunt the empty stock from the up to the down platform. I don't think I have see any pictures of that move. I just checked my Quail and two cross overs were still there at the time, although I'm not sure if that is still the case.

Tha absence of freight diagrams for the Inverness locos is surprising. There was plenty of freight still around at the time, with the Speedlink network still in place.Was it all carried out by more southerly depots, or are the diagrams incomplete?

Hi Clachnaharry,

I'm not sure how complete the various sets are bu happy to scan more. I'lldo the north stuff first and also look out what I have for Stonehaven.

kind regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

As a former Train Planner, all very interesting and thanks for posting.

Do you have a set of loco diagrams for Eastfield, plus anything before the 1990's?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

Sadly they are only from a limited time period. I think there is Eastfield in there and will have a look this evening.

kind regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

As a former Train Planner, all very interesting and thanks for posting.

Do you have a set of loco diagrams for Eastfield, plus anything before the 1990's?

Cheers

Mark

I've got some Eastfield and Polmadie Loco diagrams from October 1987 I'll post up. The only reason they've survived is that they have course notes photocopied on the back of them when I was doing my MP12 and have been languishing in an old kitbag in the garage all these years.  Recycling was alive and well over 30 years ago, especially under BR where every penny was a prisoner. 

I've got some Eastfield and Polmadie Loco diagrams from October 1987 I'll post up. The only reason they've survived is that they have course notes photocopied on the back of them when I was doing my MP12 and have been languishing in an old kitbag in the garage all these years.  Recycling was alive and well over 30 years ago, especially under BR where every penny was a prisoner. 

That would be great as I'm sure they would be of interest. I've found I have two Eastfield sets from 1990/1991 but they run to about 150 pages each! Will get some more of mine scanned to be posted, starting with some more from Inverness,

kind regards,

Robert

• 2 years later...

I'd completely forgotten about this thread until prompted by a forum member yesterday.  Better late than never and hope they're of interest to officiandos of late 1980's ScR Loco working's back in the day.  Had a look through them and recognised quite a few workings that I worked as a second man at Polmadie.  A few headcodes still extant today, sadly not the variety of traction though.

1459902495_EastfieldDepot1987LocoDia-0001.jpg.333d0e01d988a886f40ed3c2183e0bcd.jpg

2038442781_EastfieldDepot1987LocoDia-0002.jpg.2539eed2bda5527c0333644ea3ba525f.jpg

369942219_EastfieldDepot1987LocoDia-0003.jpg.03b2e61a83f4345f0f861be7055175ee.jpg

135103773_EastfieldDepot1987LocoDia-0004.jpg.8583fd0291f647a3f957c13e8cbd41ca.jpg

1227870866_EastfieldDepot1987LocoDia-0005.jpg.48089b414f539b92693851557967ddee.jpg

301359356_PolmadieDepot1987LocomotiveDiagrams-0001.jpg.64086dac252edccbc57d62e0e9a6999e.jpg

1283635694_PolmadieDepot1987LocomotiveDiagrams-0002.jpg.5c8e34e1dd5f9acbc4b684907e96082d.jpg

110481006_PolmadieDepot1987LocomotiveDiagrams-0003.jpg.b398435a7de3fa578cda4dbccdc801f1.jpg

Edited by Clydebridge
  • Like 3

Out of interest, what does the code 'LD' mean under the column 'WTT NO'?  Most of the other entries in this column are the train reporting code.  Does this stand for 'Light Diesel' or something similar, as I note that these is also an 'LE' code, but it only seems to appear on the pages of AC Electrics?

Yes used as a designator for specific traction  LD= Light Diesel     LE= Light Engine AC loco's

I understand that the WTT No. column was used for these details due to it being a template on a word processor that was used to compile various formats of Loco/Traincrew diagrams and it would've been more hassle to remove it unlike the simplicty of spreadsheet software today. I stand corrected though

• 2 years later...