Smoke Ash & Steam

steve fay

6 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Steve, great to have you back.

Re your personal situation, been there done that (did not even get the T Shirt, she had that too LOL) 

Cheers, Ade.

I'm still waiting for male equality and the emancipation of the male!:rolleyes:

Gawd help us all.:o:rolleyes:

Moving on.........swiftly......

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher
  • Like 2

Hello Steve great to have you back.

I too had a similar special experience to you some 38 years ago.   I got to keep my 2 lads they're in their mid 40's now with children of their own who visit to play on my part built layout.

Oh, I got married again [different lady] and this time we've managed to last much longer that the 1st time.

Happy modelling.

Best

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Good to see you back Steve and sorry to hear of your difficulties.  Around the same time I got divorced (20+ yrs ago) I decided to pay off my mortgage by selling my steamroller. My mate and steersman commented " You got rid of two old boilers at once!"

Ray.

• Like 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 hours ago, Deano747 said:

For what consolation it might be, I'm now on my third wife and happier and more modelling than ever before!! 

Good to see you back, Steve. Keep yer chin up laddie!!

Best regards, Deano.

There's still hope for the rest of us then?!! :mocking_mini:

I find that cats are similar creatures - difficult to find a really nice one (although they exist - or at least I think they do) - and they're only usually nice when they want something. :rolleyes:

I have three more buddies, going through the mill - again in one case - right now.

Thank God for hobbies and mates!

Back to model railways:D

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

HI Steve, As others have said, it's great to have you back, and re your situation, my T Shirt got burnt along with my fingers first time around. Now on number 2 and although like any marriage, it's not perfect 100% of the time, it's a lot better.

Once I'm down Souf later this year, Souf Wales would be an easy run for Shows like I used to such as Bristol, so I'll be keeping an eye out for S A & S around the circuit.

All the best.

Andy.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Although I am friendly with my ex and her husband ( nice bloke ) I still have a problem when asked in shops....."Would you like a new bag Sir? "

I must really stop replying...." No thank you the last one left me ! ". True !

Anyway Steve keep modelling and don't listen to any of those "Sloppy" love songs on the radio !

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, bgman said:

Although I am friendly with my ex and her husband ( nice bloke ) I still have a problem when asked in shops....."Would you like a new bag Sir? "

I must really stop replying...." No thank you the last one left me ! ". True !

Anyway Steve keep modelling and don't listen to any of those "Sloppy" love songs on the radio !

Dad generally responds with I've got a bag at home! How he is still married to my mum (now entering their 36th year of marriage [and dated her for 3 before that]) is beyond me?!

Anyway best of luck Steve. Do some modelling and in the words of Sir Winston Churchill KBO - KEEP BUGG*RING ON!

Kind regards,

Nick.

• Like 4

The upshot of all this banter, is, collectively we're good to see you back and have our support and appreciation of your modelling skills and we all look forward to your future contributions to this thread.

All the best, Deano.

• Like 2
  • Agree 8

• 4 months later...

Somehow Steve I have overlooked your thread and so much seems to have happened to you in the meantime. However I have now caught up with you again and am looking forward to seeing the modified layout progress. Keep up the good work but do please keep us all posted with the layouts development.

Rod

• Like 1

And then there was 2! I did a deal with my dad and he got me 1405 and he got Glorious ( class 50 ). 
I’m thinking about starting over with the shed project using laser cut baseboards as they will be light weight and easier to store / transport, It will mean redoing all the track work and ground cover but that’s the part I enjoy the most any way.
Thanks for the kind words everyone it’s good to be getting back in to things 

9FD74885-B799-4702-8BC7-EE73175D7FC5.jpeg

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So out with the masking tape again to mark out some possibilities for MK2 

I’m now thinking that instead of just extending the original version to 16’ in length I’d do a front of the shed and a back 8’ each, This allows me to have two layouts I can exhibit separately if it’s more suitable for smaller exhibitions. Also showcases my layouts in a smaller space as this will be an advertisement for my layout building plus it adds a lot more operational interest and allows me to use the buildings, Track and signals from Ranelagh bridge. 
Some of the building positions are going to be moved about, I think the signal box from RB will go on the front of the shed part and the rear of the shed will get a more traditional GW box plus a nice GW semaphore bracket signal in front. 

B2117530-8EEC-4925-830B-E90CA323F6F5.jpeg

1923C614-A429-43BA-8195-81AD04E40EBF.jpeg

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 17

• 2 weeks later...

A lovely kit arrived today from Phil at Intentio, this will go in front of the engine shed on the new front of the layout section.
Marches Road Mk2 is officially underway.

hopefully a new loco will be joining the roster soon! More on that in a few weeks
Marches Road MK1 will

be appearing in a new online publication around October. I’ll post details when I get them 

0761F63D-B4FE-4C25-BBE8-1554C3343DED.jpeg

43D87F88-A219-44E4-883B-080E3C980DC7.jpeg

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...