Smoke Ash & Steam

steve fay

They are arriving with retailers today, I can’t see pick ups on the loco but on the ones I’ve tested they all Run smooth. Plenty of fine detail, Certainly looks like a mogul to me.

post-5983-0-23737900-1548108811_thumb.jpeg

Now with Severn mill plates

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 8

Steve,

5380 was an Old Oak Common loco in 1934, when did it get moved down to Wales?

She’s a Reading Loco, I choose that one more For Ranelagh Bridge and I’ve had the plates for quite some time. If I hadn’t had the plates I would have chosen a local engine.

Ahh that makes sense. I had chosen that number also for my expected loco, which will be based at OOC to serve my upcoming layout. I was concerned about the running when I saw on here that the pick-ups were only fitted to the tender, as reported in the Hornby review. I still seems strange to me that Heljan should do that, as it doesn't improve good running by only fitting them to the tender. But if you have tested it, Ill take your word as it's OK.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ahh that makes sense. I had chosen that number also for my expected loco, which will be based at OOC to serve my upcoming layout. I was concerned about the running when I saw on here that the pick-ups were only fitted to the tender, as reported in the Hornby review. I still seems strange to me that Heljan should do that, as it doesn't improve good running by only fitting them to the tender. But if you have tested it, Ill take your word as it's OK.

I confirmed the pickups are tender only with Heljan after reading that but decided it wouldn’t be that hard to add if that was the only issue.

Steve: will you be weathering this shortly? Looking forward to seeing your usual treatment!

Edited by Hal Nail

Severn mill tender plates replacing the very nice printed ones

The etch ones are the correct ones for 5380post-5983-0-54763100-1548162950_thumb.jpeg

Cab side warning plate

post-5983-0-43045900-1548163008_thumb.jpeg

On shed, I’m hopefully going to order the turn table at the Bristol show from Greenwood

post-5983-0-15360100-1548163050_thumb.png

• Like 12

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve,

Could I ask where you got the cab warning etch from please, I did have it on my searches but can't seem to find it now.

post-5983-0-43045900-1548163008_thumb.jpeg.be3fd5fe0b6d4224780b9eb161eb81f7.jpeg

Grahame

A new dawn at Marches Road,  The waft of diesel in the air. 

Great news the Intentio Coaling stage, Bothy and inspection pit are being delivered at the Newport show in two weeks. 

Still cant decide on a backscene though ?? 

5D68A2D9-C8EC-4594-AA1A-8D1FEA52C8E9.png

6C2551FB-B144-43A4-A997-800D46EB770D.png

Edited by steve fay
Poor spelling !
  • Like 19

• 2 weeks later...

Great work Steve. The scene is coming together nicely. Might want a row of terraced houses behind the layout with sky above. Quite a lot of loco sheds were in built up areas especially those that were squeezed into tight spaces. Just a thought.

Rod

• Like 1