Shapeways

wiggy1

• RMweb Premium

Which material? WSF? Or whatever it's called now. Filler primer works well if you don't mind losing surface detail.

Edit: You may want to post this in the 3D printing sub-forum, people who don't view "all latest posts" will probably miss this, and you'll get far more response there.

Edit 2: you may also want a more descriptive thread title, or just search, this comes up often enough.

Edited by njee20

Wiggy, I got some Mr Surfacer, thinned it down with Celulose thinner and painted it over the body. I settled into the pits and then I sanded it smooth. works except for tricky recessed bits which is difficult to sand smooth.

Heres a Shapeway E Class sanded smooth on this link http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/topic/2372-georges-workbench/?page=10

the roof is a Etched piece but you will see the Bonnet has been treated as I have laid out above.

The School bus is also there is you Scroll down.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Georgeconna

Wiggy, I got some Mr Surfacer, thinned it down with Celulose thinner and painted it over the body. I settled into the pits and then I sanded it smooth. works except for tricky recessed bits which is difficult to sand smooth.

Heres a Shapeway E Class sanded smooth on this link http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/topic/2372-georges-workbench/?page=10

the roof is a Etched piece but you will see the Bonnet has been treated as I have laid out above.

The School bus is also there is you Scroll down.

Hope that helps.

Thanks George, I'll give that a go.

I'll send you a p.m. as well in a bit.

Wiggy.

Which material? WSF? Or whatever it's called now. Filler primer works well if you don't mind losing surface detail.

Edit: You may want to post this in the 3D printing sub-forum, people who don't view "all latest posts" will probably miss this, and you'll get far more response there.

Edit 2: you may also want a more descriptive thread title, or just search, this comes up often enough.

It's White Natural Versatile Plastic what ever that is?

I did add 'Smoothing down body' to the thread title but not sure what has happen to it.

Wiggy.