Devon Railways Current Era Photos and Videos

• RMweb Premium

This is a video of one of the new 800 or 802 units can’t remember which passing glen road in Plympton. I filmed the video using slow-no mode so that a really good view can be see as it goes past.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Heres a video from yesterday of the 0609 Edinburgh to Plymouth passing Sainsburys near Tavistock junction Plymouth. The service was running about 10 mins late at this point.

• RMweb Premium

Here’s the only pic I managed to get. As I was there someone came along and started talking about flying Scotsman. Nice chap. Part of the conversation can be heard on the video.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

1st trip on GWR class 8xx

Today am having my first journey on the new gwr trains. So far overall impressions good. Although seats feel firmer than those on hst they are comfortable

Here’s a few pics of train approaching Plymouth

post-17016-0-96268600-1547292868_thumb.jpeg

post-17016-0-57882100-1547292956_thumb.jpeg

post-17016-0-19079000-1547293023_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

We travelled today on 802014. Second unit attached behind I believe was 802006

I’ll need another journey to really decide over longer distance, but short distance 1 hour Plymouth to st Austell, I prefer them to the hst. The suspension certainly rides a lot better than the mk3 I’ve been on recently, especially over last summer I swear a set I went on a couple of times had a minor wheel flat on the bogie of the coach next to the buffet car made for some interesting trips hearing it in the background.

Anyway back to the 802’s. They’re nice inside. I’ve heard them described as clinical in feel. I don’t mind the clean crisp lines. The inside felt a lot more open than the hsts and airy.

One slight niggle, the power sockets located under seats. Ok for airline style seats but why aren’t they table mounted for the tables seats like hsts, a much better design. I get it cuts down on cost as all seats can be same design but why not put a socket on table side as well.

post-17016-0-43561700-1547298644_thumb.jpeg

post-17016-0-93710400-1547299308_thumb.jpeg

post-17016-0-64236100-1547299331_thumb.jpeg

post-17016-0-23183700-1547299393_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I haven’t due to personal circumstances been doing much photo taking and video filming recently.

if anyone who follows this feed wants to post pictures and videos of trains that run through Devon. Don’t need to be taken in Devon please do feel free to post them.

thanks

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Although taken in Cornwall this train does pass through Devon. This is the st blazey to Exeter riverside dB clay train akin at respryn bridge

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

also from last year a pair of drs 37s running light engine along embankment plymouth on their way to crewe gresty bridge

Edited by GWRPhil

• RMweb Premium

going back a bit here is a video I took 6 years ago in April of the beer heights light railway @ pecorama in devon

hope you enjoy

Edited by GWRPhil

• RMweb Premium

As a contrast to today’s first video upload. Once I’ve got chance to upload will have a video of one of the new Castle HST sets with power car ol oak common on the back.