Hardy's Hobbies - Finescale Figures & Body Kits

ahardy

A short running session on 00 Micro Layout - Fry's Somerdale featuring my kit build Hardy's Hobbies Fry's Sentinel, edited with Real Sound. 
The model is based on the same design of Sentinel locomotive that was used at the Fry's Somerdale Chocolate Factory in Keynsham, which was recently restored to full working order on the Avon Valley Railway, near Bristol in 2019, turned out in Fry's Royal Blue with Gold Leaf insignia. Constructed from the new 3D Printed Body Kit from Hardy's Hobbies, the model fits directly onto a Hornby Ruston chassis, with no modification necessary.
In this video we see the Sentinel shunting deliveries into the Somerdale site, before returning with load vans of produce. Sounds are provided by the real locomotive, which is preserved on the Avon Valley Railway, near Fry's Somerdale Chocolate Factory where she once worked.
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 11

On 18/08/2020 at 17:39, ahardy said:

The last few months have been incredibly busy - I apologise for the lack of updates. 

However its now been a year since our first industrial loco body kits were released and we have come a long way since with many happy customers! What would you like to see next?

Hi, I just stumbled across this range, looks good.  I like the WW2-era wartime figures.  If you are looking for ideas for new additions... I'm thinking of populating a carriage or platform with some military types, suitable for 1944-45.  The standing people you have look good.  But how about some seated people in uniform?  That would add to the options??  

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, DanInHisDen said:

Does anyone know why I cant purchase loco body kits anymore? The page isnt on the website.

A few months back Hardys Hobbies announced they would stop printing new body kits and the only ones left would be remaining stock, I guess that may have run out now. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, NZRedBaron said:

So, by the sounds of things, they're going to wind up the business soon. Anyone know if the toolings or designs for their loco bodykits have been handed on to anyone?

That is a great pity, I have had a few figures over the years, some of which have no similar alternative elsewhere. 

I wonder if one of the other similar companies can acquire (or has) the print files?

Roy

• Like 1

On 26/05/2023 at 08:37, NZRedBaron said:

So, by the sounds of things, they're going to wind up the business soon. Anyone know if the toolings or designs for their loco bodykits have been handed on to anyone?

Some of the loco body kits will be gradually appearing on the Oak Hill Works site: https://www.oakhillworks.co.uk/products

It's starting with some kits that were in the pipeline but never released under the Hardy's Hobbies name, but the old favourites are being updated as well and will be there eventually as well. Currently working on some updates for the Manning Wardle H kit!

image.png.7e7be23bd91e3398e456b5db5f78a66c.png

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

I read this on their site today - not sure how long it has been there?

Sad news: Hardy’s Hobbies is winding down a bit sooner than I had planned due to unforeseen circumstances. I am no longer able to print new items but have well stocked all OO and most O gauge figures, crews and packs. Once it is gone it is gone. 

I do however have at time of writing 3 Ring Haw’s, 1 Plain Green and 1 Plain Blue 16″ Hunslets produced by Rapido Trains UK. Grab them while you can. 

• Informative/Useful 2