Hornby 2019 Modern Range........

dogbox321

• RMweb Gold

There's always next years 153s too ;)

What ever Hornby plan to produce next year, it won’t please everyone and me for one, is not going to get too excited about it.

• RMweb Premium

Hornby's researcher seems to suggest 2019 shall be featuring a Scotrail model. Seeing as they've done the Scotrail 156, it must be a HST!

Screenshot 2018-12-02 at 20.55.45.png

You won’t find many HSTs in North Queensferry I’m afraid, although you will find a rather nice pub and an incredible viewpoint of the Firth of Forth...

• RMweb Premium

out of the early AL1-4, the AL4 was the highest up the recent poll out of all of them. So why not the North British one?

Hi Gordon

Can I refer yo back to my post you quoted, "mainly because everyone would want the red and blue one that couldn't move." :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

have they done the teal Caledonian Sleeper coaches yet? There's the Class 67 in that livery but nothing matching for it to pull and they always seem to do those

Maybe they're bringing out the new Mk5 sleepers

There's always next years 153s too ;)

(tongue in cheek post!)

Ha! I do not know the worse prospect. The garish livery running around the layout or the (fairly basic) tooling of the 153 showing up the appalling crude 156! Yikes!

Aren’t they already being done by someone? I’m sure I seen it somewhere. Could be 2mm mind.

Ive seen no announcement, there's a anorak on Dapol's Digest always going on about it. But seeing as Hornby got the CS livery on the class 67 as wrong as 0%, I rather hope it is not them! 

• RMweb Premium

You won’t find many HSTs in North Queensferry I’m afraid, although you will find a rather nice pub and an incredible viewpoint of the Firth of Forth...

South Queensferry also has a rather nice pub.  And wouldn't you see the new Scotrail HSTs there?  Haven't they started on the Edinburgh - Aberdeen route?   Anyway lets wait to see , probably too early for a Scotrail HST as they would need to modify mk3s for the door mod . Can't see it somehow.

A 156/155 combo would be interesting , but I haven't yet seen the bespoke livery for this, so again probably too early for Hornby. Also wouldn't they need to modify the couplings between units ?

Interesting time in Scotland at the moment . Of course a 380 emu or even a 385 would be nice................

Hornby's researcher seems to suggest 2019 shall be featuring a Scotrail model. Seeing as they've done the Scotrail 156, it must be a HST! 

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2018-12-02 at 20.55.45.png

If I was a betting man, I say it’s Mk2E’s in Scotrail livery to take advantage of the Bachmann Scotrail DBSO’s and 47/7’s....i’m Sure they made a comment fairly recently about how nice it would be to do a Scotrail liveried Mk2e....

• RMweb Premium

If I was a betting man, I say it’s Mk2E’s in Scotrail livery to take advantage of the Bachmann Scotrail DBSO’s and 47/7’s....i’m Sure they made a comment fairly recently about how nice it would be to do a Scotrail liveried Mk2e....

Not exactly common though were they?

Don’t bring out new rolling stuff....just use what you’ve got would be nice !

Class 31,56, 60........and not in crazy funky one off liveries either....

Railfreight 31 BR Blue 31 Railfreight 56 DB Red 60.   All that blindingly obvious stuff that would make money . . . . . 

31/4 in Br Blue with headlight (centre/off set)

31/1/2/3 in Railfreight (Not Red Stripe)

56 in Br Blue/ Large Logo Blue

HST Power cars in Intercity Executive

HST Power car in Exec/Swallow with DVT Buffers

Mk 1 FO Intercity Charter white roofs

Mk 2D/2E in Scotrail

HAA Full Fat 3 pack Yellow frame Coal sector

Not for me personally but Plain Red DB 60 is a no brainier.

Edited by 66738
  • Like 3

some good suggestions......

these are mine ;-)

31/4 BR blue with headlight.

31/5 in Dutch

31/1 in Dutch, a namer like 'The Blackcountryman'

56019 in red stripe would be nice

60 in RF Metals (come on Hornby how long does it take)

87 in BR blue with high speed pantograph.

87 in early Intercity.

• RMweb Gold

I have a feeling there’s going to be a completely new model which came off the left field and no one saw coming, but I’m being a optimist. Maybe a Class 800 in LNER livery or just plain white.

One thing I’ve never understood is why put the prototype numbers on the fronts and sides of DMU’s and EMU’s? Surely the better bet is do a set of high quality decals so people can model units they like or seen without the fuss of removing existing numbers plus Hornby or any other manufacturers would probably sell bucket loads more.

I have a feeling there’s going to be a completely new model which came off the left field and no one saw coming, but I’m being a optimist. Maybe a Class 800 in LNER livery or just plain white.

One thing I’ve never understood is why put the prototype numbers on the fronts and sides of DMU’s and EMU’s? Surely the better bet is do a set of high quality decals so people can model units they like or seen without the fuss of removing existing numbers plus Hornby or any other manufacturers would probably sell bucket loads more.

It's been discussed to death. But the reason they don't supply them un-numbered is they simply don't sell. Most people want finished models.

It's been tried before on quite a few models. Heljan Class 47 being the most recent I can think of. Most of them was in the bargain bins as nobody wanted them, but the numbered ones were still selling even though they were more expensive.

It's the same with the extra bits supplied. How many get fitted? Looking at the second hand section on the Hattons website very few.

Jason

• RMweb Premium

I'm almost surprised they don't work with CAF and grab the CAD drawings from the 195s to produce those.

They got the 800s out pretty quick, which seem to sell reasonably well.

800s are London-centric (i.e south) , 195s are for the impoverished north.

Can't remember when Hornby last did something that is only used "North of Watford"........................

:scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

800s are London-centric (i.e south) , 195s are for the impoverished north.

Can't remember when Hornby last did something that is only used "North of Watford"........................

:scratchhead:

Clans were.

Anyhow what Hornby need to make is a Upwell tram, a nice 04 with skirts. A Yarmouth one would be brill as well.