DC Kits reintroductions

NIK

How many 303 kits did you dig out Charlie? Hope it was more than your orders, 'cos I've just ordered one for Ravensclyffe!

Andi

Me too, not for Ravensclyffe obviously!  It's all signaller69's fault. Is it going to be delivered by Nigel at our show Charlie? Kev.

Haha, I'll probably pester you for Gresley bogie frames and a couple of 304 cabs, if you happen to bring some along.

Do you have any decent MSW type pans Charlie, if so I'll pester you even more if you bring some

If you place the order online for collection I will see what I can arrange.

Its rather annoying that when you add items to your basket the website jumps back to the top, okay no biggy in the grand scheme of things just annoying.

It does say the 119 and 120 are in stock on the right hand side but will be in stock in the description.

Am I right that chassis, bogies, wheels and glazing are not available (and not likely to ever be available) so its just the bodies plus other bits available?

I would order the chassis upgrade kit but its a bit expensive.  :jester:

We have no DMU bogies, castings or Underfloor items etc.

The website lists 12mm Wheels, Brass OLEO Buffers etc

Just saying !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Someone has nothing better to do.

I am Dyslexic think yourself lucky you can even read what I type sometimes, sometimes if it were not for the spell checker I type utter gibberish

If the spell chequre on mi pea sea says it ok it gets posted

• Like 2

Someone has nothing better to do.

I am Dyslexic think yourself lucky you can even read what I type sometimes, sometimes if it were not for the spell checker I type utter gibberish

If the spell chequre on mi pea sea says it ok it gets posted

No offence meant - it just looked amusing given the context of the word, in a posting criticising someone else's writing.

That's the trouble with e-mail - we have no knowledge of the limitations of the person to whom we are responding.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• 5 months later...
On 30/09/2018 at 10:00, E3109 said:

If Charle is reading this, I'd be interested to know if he's willing to sell Gresley's bogie frames as a separate item, and also possibly roof vents and class 304/504 cab ends. Cheers.

They are on the Website.   Charlie

• Thanks 1

On 30/09/2018 at 16:47, charliepetty said:

HAND's UP !!!!!!!!!!!!   Who wants any PFA Wagon Kits.  As I found a few bits in the lock up while looking for 303 Kits.

Charlie

Just located another 20 packs of PFA Kits, pretty certain that's the lot, one gone they are gone.  BE QUICK.     Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
NEWS
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Charlie. Wanted to ensure that you are still in business. I made an order on New Years Day for some containers and a Class 156 but haven’t received any communication (even to inquiries) and order hasn’t arrived. Getting a little concerned at this moment as the money was already taken through PayPal. Thanks! -Andy

• Agree 1

Hi Charlie. Wanted to ensure that you are still in business. I made an order on New Years Day for some containers and a Class 156 but haven’t received any communication (even to inquiries) and order hasn’t arrived. Getting a little concerned at this moment as the money was already taken through PayPal. Thanks! -Andy

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Barry O said:

Ring him up..putting something on this thread will probably wizz past in the blur that is Charlies business at the moment

No excuse for not even acknowledging an order. Lack of customer care could well result in a lack of customers.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, 96701 said:

No excuse for not even acknowledging an order. Lack of customer care could well result in a lack of customers.

He works on his own. He attends a lot of shows at this time of year...he hasn't just got one customer and, having heard some of the "customers" on his phone I am surprised he still wants to work.

He does get a lot of emails...and I mean a lot...he does try his best...and he has been around for a long time. Try ringing him...it doesn't cost the earth

Baz

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

If Charlie has not replied, then chances are he did not receive the email. Remember that email is best effort & just because you have pressed send, it may not ever arrive. Unusual, but it does happen.

Whenever I have emailed DC Kits, Charlie has responded very quickly. I even mailed him about something at 10pm once, hoping for an answer within the next few days.

Just an hour later (yes, 11pm), a reply arrived.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Definitely still around. Gave him a call on Tuesday, and it was answered. The website states that it's best to call between 11pm and 2pm, so I tried around 11.30'ish.

With a small one man band company, it's probably best to try a phone call if you have any issues. The problem with email is, it will always get lost amongst the other, undoubtedly, large number of emails in the inbox.

9 hours ago, 96701 said:

You, of course, are perfect and live in a paradise where everything always goes to plan. No doubt you have a team of elves who ensure everything is done on time.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

13 hours ago, m1a2lt said:

I need your order number and Name to check this.    It is ompossible for me to read every thread on RM Web and spot requests / enquiries sadly as I am swamped with orders, (37 Parcels this week so far)

As for PayPal, I do not take your money immediatly 'PayPal does' If you pay by Credit or Debit card then payment is taken 'When' I am preparing the order, normally at 'Normal' times I turn around orders within 14 days BUT currently I have more orders that hours in the day.

SORRY but thats the truth.   PayPal is a rip off for traders as there fees are very high compared to Credit Cards, BUT it seems customers like this method of payment so as a buisness as have to really offer this but I really prefer Credit Cards.

Please PM me on charlie@dckits.co uk not on RM Web 'PLEASE'

Charlie (Under Pressure)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Please PM me on charlie@dckits.co uk not on RM Web 'PLEASE'

Charlie (Under Pressure)

Charlie

We were talking about this at the weekend - 7 minutes on

Not sure the sound track is any use to you though!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I’m just wondering if the plan to keep re-releasing these is still alive?

I’m fully aware that it’s not a priority for Charlie but I’ve been looking out for a class 120 kit for some time. There is currently one on eBay with a day and a half to run and it’s already at £88 and one a couple of months back went for about £175! Neither motorised. 

Further up this thread there is a comment in 2018 that 120 amongst others would be next, but obviously time has not permitted yet.

There is clearly some demand out there - I suspect you could bump the price up around the £75 and still sell a good number, even just the bodies would be good as plenty of underframe and bogie options about.

Fingers crossed for this or a Realtrack one!

• RMweb Gold

I have one of the Silver Fox RTR 120s, and very nice it is too, I'm happy with it.

But the Silver Fox kits are conversion kits, unlike the ones DCKits have produced which are much closer to complete, there are cabs and side overlays provided to attach to MK1 coaches that you need to buy separately, and you also need to source your own motor bogie(s). The RTR version uses a Hornby motor bogie. DCKits also need you to provide a motor bogie, but they sell rather more sophisticated ones and you could order everything needed from them.