Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Advance Notice - The Wishlist Poll 2018

BMacdermott

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Phil and Craig - appreciated!

As noted, we have had some very good help with N over the years but it really needs a strong, committed, knowledgeable team of a least eight or nine members to get a broad view across the eras, locos and stock. There are nine of us in this Poll Team with nearly 500 years of modelling experience - but even we have needed 'outside help' in a number of areas. (You will see a note of thanks to those involved when The Poll goes live on Monday.)

We couldn't organise the N Poll to the standard we aspire to (balanced against time constraints etc). Hence our - highly reluctant - stand down.

I am pleased to say that two N modellers have 'volunteered' and their names have been passed on. At present, I have no more news about any N Poll but we hope one will be put together in the not too distant future.

Brian (on behalf of The Poll Team)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Very disappointing especially as it is hosted by RMweb which is a multi scale/gauge platform.

But more importantly, who is/are this other group?

G.

Hello Grahame

I will send you a PM shortly - I just have to log off for a while.

Brian (on behalf of The Poll Team)

• Like 1

I will send you a PM shortly - I just have to log off for a while.

PM received - thanks.

However, it sounds like there is no formal group actively working on a N gauge poll although some individuals who initially showed interest (who I've not named as requested) don't appear to have progressed things (at least not publicly).

That's a great shame.

G

PM received - thanks.

However, it sounds like there is no formal group actively working on a N gauge poll although some individuals who initially showed interest (who I've not named as requested) don't appear to have progressed things (at least not publicly).

That's a great shame.

If the N community wants a poll then members of that community need to step up and devote the time.  If the N community can't get a handful of people to put in that effort, then maybe the N community isn't really interested in having a poll.

• Like 1