Modelux Website/Instructions

Hi. I have purchased some models from Modelux a while ago and now I want to put them together the website is down, which is where the instructions are, and has been so for at least a couple of weeks.have tried contacting via Facebook but no response and sending email fails. I'm not sure whether it is temporary or permanent.

Does anybody have the instructions for the n gauge single engine shed, ironbridge, penalta headstock and gasometer that they could let me have a copy of?

I've bought a few Modelux kits in the last 6 months, dealing with "Modelux" both via ebay and their website has been "interesting". Via both means the person I dealt with was Gillian Hope and it was obvious straight away that she was not the person making the kits, I would guess that she was some marketing type front ending the show for the guy with the laser cutter who probably wasn't into doing the marketing piece much - the latter is my conjecture I should emphasise.

Most of the instructions were never on the website, you had to email Gillian to ask for them.  In dealing with her and paying by paypal there seemed to be 4 separate email addresses that she gave me or had the paypal payments go to.

I also bought one kit via ebay from someone else entirely and it came with a funny printed note in it stating that the kit was not sold by Modelux but by some re-seller, and if it took too long to arrive to blame them and not Modelux.

The website indeed looks like it has been deleted, on ebay her user ID has changed

post-7232-0-42656600-1538552751.jpg

The most recent feedback on ebay is mainly negative with responses from Gillian saying she is "not Modelux"...

Another one of these stories of small manufacturers stories that we see on here all too often. A little sad... I do hope the guy with the laser cutter manages to resurface, I have to say I quite like the kits....

If anyone else is in need of instructions, I have the following and am happy to share.....

• 2 & 3-Road Victorian Steam Shed
  • 1950s era Diesel Shed
  • Modular Suspension Bridge
  • Dawlish style Footbridge

Edited by AY Mod
Privacy edit
  • Like 1

On 03/10/2018 at 08:47, 47406 said:

I've bought a few Modelux kits in the last 6 months, dealing with "Modelux" both via ebay and their website has been "interesting". Via both means the person I dealt with was Gillian Hope and it was obvious straight away that she was not the person making the kits, I would guess that she was some marketing type front ending the show for the guy with the laser cutter who probably wasn't into doing the marketing piece much - the latter is my conjecture I should emphasise.

Most of the instructions were never on the website, you had to email Gillian to ask for them.  In dealing with her and paying by paypal there seemed to be 4 separate email addresses that she gave me or had the paypal payments go to.

I also bought one kit via ebay from someone else entirely and it came with a funny printed note in it stating that the kit was not sold by Modelux but by some re-seller, and if it took too long to arrive to blame them and not Modelux.

The website indeed looks like it has been deleted, on ebay her user ID has changed

attachicon.gifGillianHopeIDhistory.jpg

The most recent feedback on ebay is mainly negative with responses from Gillian saying she is "not Modelux"...

Another one of these stories of small manufacturers stories that we see on here all too often. A little sad... I do hope the guy with the laser cutter manages to resurface, I have to say I quite like the kits....

If anyone else is in need of instructions, I have the following and am happy to share.....

• 1950s era Diesel Shed

Hi I need the instructions for the Victorian 2 road shed, I currently have several piles of bits and I am struggling to work out where some of the smaller bits go and how to fit the roof trusses.  I got the runaround from several different email addresses and 2 different names Gillian Hope then Sarah Kristen Lloyd-Wood. 

attachicon.gifGillianHopeIDhistory.jpg

• 1950s era Diesel Shed

Hi

I'd like the Dawlish style foot bridge pdf? please

Thanks, regards Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

Well some of the Modelux models are back on eBay with Lucy fore as the seller. Sent message via ebay explaining everything and got message back - from Gillian hope. Said she could send n gauge gasometer instructions but didnt have any of the instructions I needed for the other models but would send if she got them in future. Also said not sure if the designer was going to continue when i commented about website. Asked me to send message on the facebook page with my email address so she could forward me the instructions. Facebook message hasnt been looked at and so sent email via ebay too, in a format getting around ebay rules, but still nothing yet.

I have also got the oo laing crane if anybody has instructions for it they could send me.

I have the n gauge gasometer instructions from Gillian. If anybody needs them please let me know.

Hi Pocket Rocket, I too need the N gauge Gasometer instructions if you can oblige.

I have found some N gauge Suspension Bridge instruction on my computer in the form of .png's so if anyone needs these shout out. I may need some guidance as to how PMing works as I have not done that on this website.

Regards,

Edited by Calsash

• 2 months later...

I didn’t get any instructions when I purchased the large bridge kit off them. In the end I searched the t’internet and found enough images to allow me to build it. Great kit in the end and it’s a shame if they aren’t producing them anymore as I for one would have purchased a couple more...

1CAC81D9-FD92-4CF9-AB1C-8F161860B3BF.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for posting that pic Dave !  I have a couple of those I shall be starting soon, helpful (and nice !) to see the almost-finished product.

The Modelux website is still gone, but Gillian is back selling them on ebay again and is as helpful as she was previously:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/lucyfore88/m.html?item=173777790590&hash=item2875f6a67e%3Ag%3AzVQAAOSwFYJb1g-r%3Ark%3A9%3Apf%3A0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an add on to this topic - I finally finished the large Modelux bridge. Have to say it was a joy to build (even without instructions lol) The base needed some strengthening (I used plastic girders/bracing) but apart from that it has become a super light but strong bridge that I think looks pretty good. I’ve finished it in Halfords red oxide primer with the handrails in Tamiya NATO black. Despite being lightweight card it handled the paint well. I hope I see these reappear one day as I for one would deffo buy a couple more. If anyone had one of these they’d like to ‘pass on’ DM me !! This is due to go on my German H0 modern image layout - whenever that appears

A368E89C-7863-4F0A-90D8-9D8DBFB9FACB.jpeg

30C012A1-4237-4BFF-BF37-6F810909D7E7.jpeg

Edited by Photomunki
  • Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 5 months later...

This is the aforementioned Gillian lol :-)

Hi Guys. 

I am happy to help any of you in any way that I can. Simply send me a message and I will happily send you any instructions I have or take any orders you wish to place with me personally if you prefer to speak to me directly without the use of ebay. 

Amazing photo's by the way... better than the stock ones I have lol.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 months later...

• 1950s era Diesel Shed

Hi just wondering if possible could you send me the instructions for the double Victorian engine shed please much apreciated

thanks in advance 

andy

• 2 months later...
On 22/07/2019 at 12:17, Gillianh said:

Hi Guys. 

I am happy to help any of you in any way that I can. Simply send me a message and I will happily send you any instructions I have or take any orders you wish to place with me personally if you prefer to speak to me directly without the use of ebay. 

The instructions for the 00 Acle footbridge would be greatly appreciated if they are available.

On 22/07/2019 at 12:17, Gillianh said:

Hi Guys. 

Hi,

I managed to build the gas holder without instructions, but with difficulty, I also have the footbridge, one of the pit headgear kits, Victorian engine shed and suspension bridge kits. Would love instructions for these please.

Mic

7601AE60-6457-4496-A339-75BAAE95F944.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

• 1950s era Diesel Shed