Q: is anyone converting their Cl.31 to P4 and wants free wheels?

Corbs

• RMweb Gold

I've posted this here instead of in the 'free to a good home' section as there is an exchange involved.

I've recently taken delivery of a Hornby Class 31 donor chassis with mazak rot to rebuild into a new loco, BUT contrary to the eBay listing, it turns out it has P4 wheelsets instead of 00 ones. I need 00 locos.

So, does anyone out there have a Hornby twin-bogie drive (i.e. not the (ex-Lima) RailRoad version) Brush Type 2 or BR Class 31 in the queue to convert to P4 and wishes to swap wheels, or even just swap the bogies? 

Edited by Corbs
  • Like 1

I've posted this here instead of in the 'free to a good home' section as there is an exchange involved.

I've recently taken delivery of a Hornby Class 31 donor chassis with mazak rot to rebuild into a new loco, BUT contrary to the eBay listing, it turns out it has P4 wheelsets instead of 00 ones. I need 00 locos.

So, does anyone out there have a Hornby twin-bogie drive (i.e. not the (ex-Lima) RailRoad version) Brush Type 2 or BR Class 31 in the queue to convert to P4 and wishes to swap wheels, or even just swap the bogies? 

I do, can supply wheels or complete bogies with standard wheels if you so desire