Help with Lionheart Dapol B set coaches.

Hi guys and girls, new to 7mm looking at building Lambourn Station.

Wondering on peoples opinion on the Lionheart/Dapol D109 B set coaches and lining removal on the Maroon coaches. Also has anyone seen fit to make any improvements, as they look great to me.

Thanks in advance for any of your help, Derek.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Derek,

Some discussion and modification starting about here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/57823-lion-heart-trains-rtr-in-o-gauge/?p=2675408

It's mixed in with other Lionheart items but primarily relating to modifying the tail lamp and door drop light position.

I have the GWR Birmingham 4 coach set, planning some passengers and probably a little light weathering but delighted with mine.

Regards, Gerry.

Hi Derek,

Some discussion and modification starting about here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/57823-lion-heart-trains-rtr-in-o-gauge/?p=2675408

It's mixed in with other Lionheart items but primarily relating to modifying the tail lamp and door drop light position.

I have the GWR Birmingham 4 coach set, planning some passengers and probably a little light weathering but delighted with mine.

Regards, Gerry.

Cheers Gerry, thanks for that. I had seen it but could not remember where. The windows in the down position looks good. Might have to do that.

Yep, they do look pretty good. Order some next week I reckon.

Thanks mate, Derek.

From memory the Lambourn branch was never worked by a B-set. There were several ground level halts so they tended to use an autocoach because of its retractable steps, but in non-auto mode. Loads of tail traffic too.

Hi Wagonman, I have numerous pics of what looks like D109 ex B and D set coaches in BR days, 50s, which is the period I will model. In later years they were broken up from their formations and standard buffers fitted so they could be run as singles or formed up. Some of the pics show the two brake ends together which looks weird. Yes they did run non fitted auto coaches and also ex slip coaches too. Yet to find dia numbers on those.

They also ran a variety of stock as fillers too, between the D109s. Not sure if they ran the later D147s with standard buffers, just no pics yet.

Cheers for you help, Derek.

• 4 weeks later...