Royal Logistics Corps Exercise

• RMweb Premium

What amused me was the troops marching down the royal mile from the Edinburgh tattoo, have Securicor / group 4 guarding them...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheQ said:

if it were in the USA I could understand it, there is a tremendous level of hunter on hunter deaths.

Most animals eyes work slightly different to ours, if done correctly a hi vis to us is camouflaged to them..

I have friends in Northern Spain. There are times of year there when it's not wise to go a wandering in some areas as there's a significant likelihood of getting shot by a pissed idiot. 

3 hours ago, PatB said:

I was just thinking that I hope the hi-viz is peacetime only, or the snipers are going to think it's Christmas. 

MTP is an incredibly effective camouflage. AFVs are quite hard to see out of, and are very noisy. High-visibility tabards are there for a reason. After all, loading wagons onto a wagon is not something you would be doing in a hot zone!

It was something of a tongue in cheek remark, although, more seriously, I was thinking more in terms of an enemy getting one or two individuals with appropriate rifles within 1000 or so yards of the perimeter rather than being under concentrated fire near whatever passes for a front line in a modern war. 

Having worked in an industry that involved hazardous, active work sites I do recognise the benefits of hi viz. 

8 minutes ago, TheQ said:

if it were in the USA I could understand it, there is a tremendous level of hunter on hunter deaths.

Most animals eyes work slightly different to ours, if done correctly a hi vis to us is camouflaged to them..

Last year there were thirteen fatalities, and 113 people injured in hunting accidents.  17 of those injured were non-hunters. I would imagine that the number of casualties is not unrelated to the number of 'hunting cups' consumed...

50 minutes ago, PatB said:

It was something of a tongue in cheek remark, although, more seriously, I was thinking more in terms of an enemy getting one or two individuals with appropriate rifles within 1000 or so yards of the perimeter

With these sorts of [logistical] operations, the only antagonistic individual getting within that sort of distance would be a determined terrorist. These sorts of operations are well out of harm's way [aside from determined air attack, I suppose]...probably by many hundreds, if not thousands, of miles?

• Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...