Great Model Railway Challenge - Channel 5

• RMweb Premium
On 11/06/2019 at 10:03, AMJ said:

Kathy sent out a Facebook post yesterday indicating that they are in the process of making a NEW series for this programme.

Yes they are. I was at Fawley Hill last weekend taking part in the challenge along with my team mates.

On 03/06/2019 at 18:37, Suzie said:

It is very quiet this year - is everyone sworn to strict secrecy?

Yes, we're asked to keep details of the competition and filming confidential; but we would anyway.  Who would wish to spoil the viewing entertainment of others? 

However for those who want a sneak preview Steve Flint has posted a trailer on his twitter feed.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Neil said:

Yes they are. I was at Fawley Hill last weekend taking part in the challenge along with my team mates.

Yes, we're asked to keep details of the competition and filming confidential; but we would anyway.  Who would wish to spoil the viewing entertainment of others? 

However for those who want a sneak preview Steve Flint has posted a trailer on his twitter feed.

Good luck with it Neil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I was in the studio audience for a heat last weekend, and I think it is safe to say the 2019 Challenge will be bigger and better than the first one. I hope everyone in it has a good time and I am looking forward to watching the series later in the year.

When will the 2019 Great Model Railway Challenge get its own thread?

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Ian Morgan said:

I was in the studio audience for a heat last weekend, and I think it is safe to say the 2019 Challenge will be bigger and better than the first one. I hope everyone in it has a good time and I am looking forward to watching the series later in the year.

When will the 2019 Great Model Railway Challenge get its own thread?

Good point. I'll sort it this weekend.

• Thanks 4

10 hours ago, sir douglas said:

was the weather okay for you?, i was fairly nearby at Uxbridge last weekend and it was foul on friday

Rained constantly on Monday and the other two days had plenty of rainy moments. We only filmed the "arrival" shots on the last day because the film crew were waiting for good weather.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I took the opportunity of our 'studio audience' day to collect autographs in the photobook we each had made from the photos we took when we were participating last year. Thanks Kathy, Steve, James, Tim, and the producer Pat.

I also got a selfie that we did not get last time:

JamesTimandBodgers.JPG.f658d1e3b5c49f46b6916d6bd1646468.JPG

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone! 

I just wanted to let you all know that The Great Model Railway Challenge Series 2 will be airing on Channel 5 on Friday 13th September at 8PM. 

I hope you'll all be tuning in and encouraging friends, family and colleagues to do so too! Attached is a flyer for the series, please feel free to circulate on social media platforms. 

All the best, 

Bryher, Pat, Ben, Daniella & all the rest of Team GMRC 

Railways S2 TX FINAL 1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

• AY Mod locked this topic