Hi,

Been meaning to join and make something on here for a long long time to do with my weathering projects and various other little things. I plan to hopefully make a small update each week or something along those lines, although everything that I will post will probably be a work in process. Comments and Criticism is very much welcome!

So I guess I should probably start off with one of my small personal projects that I'm in the process of finishing up. I've got 4 of these seacows by Bachmann which is gonna be used on my layout a lot with it being a virtual quarry. I've already finished one, although it's currently on the layout which I have not been able to work on due to my uncle being on holiday. I've got two on the bench as we speak, with this one just almost finished. Although, an iPhone 6 camera doesn't seem to be that great these days.

post-35162-0-13434200-1538757090_thumb.jpg

I've got a fair few Class 66s to work on as we speak, so my next little update will be when I get a few of them finished.

• Like 13

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

Sorry for the lack of posts, but I've been so bogged down with getting everything sorted in terms of the flat and my health. I've not had much progress on the Seacows, although I've got my base coat on, and I've got the transfers I need from Railtec to make the rake all different. Although they have been sat collecting dust, doesn't mean that I haven't been working on stuff while at my desk. 

post-35162-0-69950700-1541158988_thumb.jpg

I managed to pick this loco up from Ebay for £65, which I would say is pretty good. Although it's fried two DCC chips, it's gonna be getting hardwired. However, it's not completely finished as I'm getting the bogies finished off, and I'm about to start work on the pipework when the loco comes back from the person that's gonna chip it. 47787 was used on the Royal Train when it was in EWS service, although my layout is rather more industrial, so I took the liberty of using a few other EWS Class 47s in order to bring it to a more industrial weathering style.

I have been doing some various Class 66s (photos below) as I have a rather large fleet that is getting larger and larger. I have attached a couple of photos of the ones that I've redone as I got someone to weather them before who seemed just to blanket the full model in brake dust with a light coat, that wasn't really working for me and the layout now. The locos I've tried to vary, with some having the paint more straight from the factory, and the others being a little more dulled down in the terms of the loss of colour of the paint. I do a fair amount of renumbering to my stock, 66193 being an example (T cut and cotton buds are my best friend).

post-35162-0-40174600-1541158999_thumb.jpg

post-35162-0-56049300-1541159004_thumb.jpg

post-35162-0-49701900-1541159009_thumb.jpg

post-35162-0-79388300-1541159016_thumb.jpg

• Like 5