• 2 weeks later...

Had an hour or so testing the fiddle yard, I did have a couple of crimp splices that weren’t making contact and had a couple that I had to replace. Which I did kind of expect as I am no electrician, and there is over 120+ crimp splices on to the bus wires under the fiddle yard alone. But as I write this post I can say that I am well happy with the result. I do now have to program the x15 macros into the NCE Power Cab (a job for tomorrow).

post-8832-0-85080300-1544571968_thumb.png

My test trains for this evening’s running, as you can see that I do like my Arriva Trains Wales loco hauled. The 67 + MK3 + DVT will be on the layout most of the time (as I am keeping with the recent times theme). But the others will make guest appearances from time to time (everyone likes a bit of time travel).

• Like 10

Had a productive evening in the Hobbyroom last night. Managed to program the Macros for the 7 sidings in the fiddle yard in the down direction. The Macro feature on the NCE Powercab was introduced to me by my friend of 30 years and master modeller of this Parrish, Hampshire Hog. For those of you who don’t know what a Macro is, when you give an accessory address to a point on your DCC system, it gives the point a Normal or Reverse on your screen (most people assign Normal for straight on the point and Reverse to switch the point). A Macro is a way of setting a route by joining up to x10 points together. My layout is a watching trains go by model railway, I have purposely designed it with no more than 10 points to get you around the layout.

post-8832-0-88604100-1544685934_thumb.png

So here we have our down sidings, if I want the Arriva Class 67 to do a circuit, then on the controller I select Macro, then the relivant number (in this case 5), then press enter. Select the loco and away you go.

post-8832-0-83370800-1544687965_thumb.jpeg

I realise that this system isn’t for everyone, but for me whilst having a bottle of my favourite brew (I think it’s amazing).

• Like 6

Had a productive evening in the Hobbyroom last night. Managed to program the Macros for the 7 sidings in the fiddle yard in the down direction. The Macro feature on the NCE Powercab was introduced to me by my friend of 30 years and master modeller of this Parrish, Hampshire Hog. For those of you who don’t know what a Macro is, when you give an accessory address to a point on your DCC system, it gives the point a Normal or Reverse on your screen (most people assign Normal for straight on the point and Reverse to switch the point). A Macro is a way of setting a route by joining up to x10 points together. My layout is a watching trains go by model railway, I have purposely designed it with no more than 10 points to get you around the layout.

attachicon.gifA8BE2D58-2615-4915-A01B-103ABBD67D93.png

So here we have our down sidings, if I want the Arriva Class 67 to do a circuit, then on the controller I select Macro, then the relivant number (in this case 5), then press enter. Select the loco and away you go.

attachicon.gifBC012757-B241-4480-8999-98CCCD08B9A2.jpeg

I realise that this system isn’t for everyone, but for me whilst having a bottle of my favourite brew (I think it’s amazing).

Looking good, a excellent sales pitch for the Procab system....

Is the bogie tank car behind the 60 the new Realtrack one?

as you can see that I do like my Arriva Trains Wales loco hauled. The 67 + MK3 + DVT will be on the layout most of the time (as I am keeping with the recent times theme). 

For very recent times you need a EWS 67 on the loco hauled, 67020 has been a regular lately.

Tested all the tracks with stock on it, took 24 minutes for all the trains to go around (even with a couple of freights held at the front). No derailments or wrong routes. To say that I am pleased is an understatement, it was great and thoroughly enjoyable.

post-8832-0-32553300-1545203539_thumb.png

• Like 8