4 hours ago, Melangoose said:

This signal box model has to be at least 25 years old, now it’s been brought back to life with new glazing and framework, I think it’s good for the next 25 years.

E90C2B3D-935E-4022-AC55-EF5FF144B2FE.jpeg

Realy like your aspec signals are they scratch built or kit??

1 hour ago, Melangoose said:

The signal heads are a traintronics product the gantry is scratch built.

Thanks Melangoose they look so smart!!

wil have to try scratch build few for Banks road ...

Had a tidy up and put away in the Hobbyroom yesterday. So last night I ran some trains, this is the first train movement since lockdown as I have been concentrating my modelling time on the background. It was nice to see a model train with something behind it.  I know the scene will look so much better once the track is ballasted, but for now I will keep on with the background modelling.

9A24480C-FDE3-4647-A89C-156F6149A969.jpeg

• Like 13

Have been contemplating adding a level crossing after the signal box (where the yellow tape is).  It would mean moving the signal gantry about 6 inches to the left as I feel that the current location would be much to close to the LC.  The signal box (in the pictures would now be in the right place), and I would have to change the trunking and cabinet boxes to suit. 
Time to ponder.

61A9C83B-0E9B-4B1C-A340-2F4BEB3032C8.jpeg

AF35C138-D229-40E5-899C-EB36F9198BD8.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

3 hours ago, Melangoose said:

Have been contemplating adding a level crossing after the signal box (where the yellow tape is).  It would mean moving the signal gantry about 6 inches to the left as I feel that the current location would be much to close to the LC.  The signal box (in the pictures would now be in the right place), and I would have to change the trunking and cabinet boxes to suit. 
Time to ponder.

61A9C83B-0E9B-4B1C-A340-2F4BEB3032C8.jpeg

AF35C138-D229-40E5-899C-EB36F9198BD8.jpeg

My favourite part planning trackside cabnets ,trunking ect ...

Kind of got as far as I can now with the Brunel Mews, could do with some bedding flowers and bushes. Once my local model shop reopens after lockdown.  There is a couple of properties that are For Sale if you are interested with a nice view of passing trains from the bedroom? 

E13E369D-46BB-46FC-BC56-B66814FCAD95.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Zomboid said:

Being a new build development there needs to be another 14 cars left all over the place because insufficient parking was provided by the developers...

There is an additional 3 parking spaces to the right, but as you say clearly not enough.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Melangoose said:

It does a bit, sorry if I’ve nicked the idea from your old layout.  It is a good re use of space as this is where I imagined the old up platform would have been in steam days.

No worries Nigel, must have been the same developer although they have almost finished yours!:D

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 1

Had Dad’s 37421 with the mk2’s running last night, I do love this train. I was lucky to have been behind the real 37421 twice last year when it did it’s stint on the 17:01 Cardiff to Rhymney commuter trains (sadly now fond memories). 

0D7F3C43-DF97-4355-80C0-3C1CFB6C6F6B.jpeg

• Like 13

Exactly one year ago on the 18th May 2019 (the last day of HST’s on the Western main line). Scoobyra , Temeraire, Rhysb and myself made the pilgrimage to Paddington to ride on the HST’s in and out of Brunel’s London Station.  My favourite powercar 43172 Harry Patch did the honor on the inbound train. We then got the 18:03 to Exeter St David’s (so Scoobyra could go through Castle Cary, his favourite station) with the Flying Welshman in charge. At st David’s we met up with PaulRhB and said goodbye to the 8 car HST’s, we then went for a meal.  A fantastic Rmweb day out and one that I will never forget.

6800EE9D-5497-47DB-9D0D-6766AD08651D.jpeg

121B1FE7-0985-4781-9D2B-8D706D78AE12.jpeg

Edited by Melangoose
Typo
  • Like 8