On 02/05/2020 at 17:55, Melangoose said:

Thought you folk might be interested in a quick Vid.

Is the second TEA in the video a weathered Hornby model amongst the Revolution tanks?

Very nice layout btw.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, D9502 said:

Is the second TEA in the video a weathered Hornby model amongst the Revolution tanks?

Very nice layout btw.

The second and tenth wagons in the rake are Bachmann 100 ton tanker masquerading as a TDA. This was resprayed into the Murco livery and weathered by my good friend John Harding. He did a fantastic job and breaks up the formation of those Lovely Revolution Models TEA’s.  John also resprayed the Hornby 60 that is the traction for this train. 

3DF0E246-98D2-4375-B601-71552F2FEAA5.jpeg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 01:07, Melangoose said:

Slowly getting there with the level crossing, only a wally would have the furthest track start to curve when the parts are ment for straight track.  Never mind, slowly does it.

1E15FC08-6C78-4BA5-924C-D154C523D715.jpeg.ef66b47f98ccf8b32b1caa20b333443e.jpeg

Now this looks nice!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had a chance to run some trains the other night, I had been watching the new Malificent film with my wife and teenage daughter. Then they wanted to watch the Princess and the Frog Afterwards (which I decided was too much Disney for one night), so I retired to the Hobbyroom to run some trains.

• Like 14

• 1 month later...

The other day I had the chance to visit Pilning which is the last station before the Severn Tunnel (on the English side). 

Hallenby (Upper level) by 60062to (of this parish) is loosely based on Pilning (When it had a footbridge and removed for OHLE).

The station is served by x2 on a Saturday and that’s it (both in the same direction).  So it’s not the easiest place to visit by train.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Melangoose said:

Hallenby (Upper level) by 60062to (of this parish) is loosely based on Pilning (When it had a footbridge and removed for OHLE).

The station is served by x2 on a Saturday and that’s it (both in the same direction).  So it’s not the easiest place to visit by train.

Hi Nigel, Hallenby is long gone unfortunately and not sure Matt still looks in here as he sold all his stock I think.

Is the lack of footbridge the reason nothing stops there anymore?

The service was always sparse at Pilning with just a Saturday service in each direction for many years. When the footbridge was removed (to install OHLE) it meant you could only stop in the up direction.  I think the reason whilst it survives is it’s closeness to the lengthy Severn Tunnel. In fact there is a cross over after the loops, so if a train had difficulties in the tunnel it could reverse and detrain at the platform in use at Pilning.

At Severn Tunnel Junction (on the other side of the tunnel) you have a rescue shunter if required.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say that there has not been much progress on Wyvern Road since the summer months.  I hit a bit of a brick wall with what to put next to the pub, to the right of the level crossing.  I had imagined a couple of houses and I have a Walthers Northern Light building, which I was going to pretend to be an old Creamery that is going to be converted to a Retirement living block.  I had a couple of ready to plonk terraced houses to go next to the pub, but they looked so small in comparison. So I built some house kits and they were even smaller (it wasn’t going well).  So I had a little break from

modelling for a few weeks.  After a chat with Mr Adcock I now have an idea for a different development and now have my happy modelling head on again.  I have decided to not fit the Ranleigh Bridge type structure as it was too big and I am now building my own type of bridge (don’t look too close).

80927FB4-62D4-4DE5-B3E2-3088543DF373.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It was with some sadness that I read in the Railway Illustrated mag that my favourite HST Power Car, 43172 Harry Patch has had its nameplates removed and painted into GWR green, shame.  I have many fond memories of seeing HP on my travels.  Even to changing a whole days schedule when out with my friend Chris Dann to ride behind it when at Hereford in March 2016. Although my favourite ride must be when it took me and a bunch of fellow Rmwebers into Paddington on the evening of the last day of Mainline Passenger Services.

Thanks for the Memories

E35221A2-9981-4EAA-BFFB-A4D04AEF25A9.jpeg

9C37D5C2-DD2E-496B-B300-00AA695E582E.jpeg

E03C3272-73FE-4A03-B3AD-868AC77EBD89.jpeg

• Like 6

A real shame that it lost the livery, it looked superb! Intercity 43185 hasn't been quite so lucky. Whilst it still has its IC livery, (albeit weather battered!) it's now at Haymarket being stripped for spares for Scotrail. 

Nigel I share your sadness - I can't believe it, how disrepectful is that, to repaint a loco when it has been especially prepared and named to commemorate the fallen and decorated with the message "We will remember them".

They were not remembered for very long were they.

See you soon

Kevin.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Swifty11 said:

A real shame that it lost the livery, it looked superb! Intercity 43185 hasn't been quite so lucky. Whilst it still has its IC livery, (albeit weather battered!) it's now at Haymarket being stripped for spares for Scotrail. 

Not good news

Pictures from happier days

53FD8898-D734-486B-9E23-13C1D62C8C5D.jpeg

0785ED58-C9EE-470E-A738-6CEF981C3EF9.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hampshire Hog said:

Nigel I share your sadness - I can't believe it, how disrepectful is that, to repaint a loco when it has been especially prepared and named to commemorate the fallen and decorated with the message "We will remember them".

They were not remembered for very long were they.

See you soon

Kevin.

Completely agree with you.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was also tempted with a Hattons 66 (or 2).  There is such a difference in the shade of colour compared to what  Bachman use.  I did have a play with trying to weather some coil wagons so they don’t look such a different colour.  I think I need a brown with a bit more red in it.  

6A8D7358-47A2-48BD-A1E8-E6FB53B7242D.jpeg

• Like 10

Just come across this thread, and enjoyed every update over the past 9 pages. A fantastic layout that's full of inspriation for my layout.

The cable trunking set up, along with your track testboard, are especially great.

How did you weather the sides of your rails? Looks very convincing. 

Cheers

• 1 month later...