On 31/01/2021 at 12:09, JackB95 said:

Just come across this thread, and enjoyed every update over the past 9 pages. A fantastic layout that's full of inspriation for my layout.

The cable trunking set up, along with your track testboard, are especially great.

How did you weather the sides of your rails? Looks very convincing. 

Cheers

Hi Jack

I am so sorry but I have completely missed your complimentary comments, sorry.  I look at rmweb for a day or two then it might be 2 or 3 weeks before I look again.

The paint that I used for the track is Humbrol Olive Drab 155.  When the track is laid I spray it on, wipe the rail head (so it’s cleanish), wipe off the paint on the Concrete Sleepers. 
Hope this helps

8B21A5D4-1E04-4240-94C4-9A90468EFECB.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roger Sunderland said:

Coming along very nicely Nigel. I particularly like the wagon weathering - must have a chat with you about that.

Hi Roger, Nice to hear from you.  Hope you Pub likes it’s new home once I have done a little work on it.

19 hours ago, Melangoose said:

Hi Jack

I am so sorry but I have completely missed your complimentary comments, sorry.  I look at rmweb for a day or two then it might be 2 or 3 weeks before I look again.

The paint that I used for the track is Humbrol Olive Drab 155.  When the track is laid I spray it on, wipe the rail head (so it’s cleanish), wipe off the paint on the Concrete Sleepers. 
Hope this helps

Don't apologise mate! I ended up going for some Humbrol Rust Wash in the end which looks good. Thanks for your help though! Always good for future reference :D

5 hours ago, Melangoose said:

The Swan Inn is now suitably tarted up, it’s not the sort of place to take that young lady on your first date.  But watch a game of footie or rugby with the lads it’s the place to be.

Looks great Nigel, nice work.

• Agree 1

Thanks for your remarks guys.  Although the structure like I said before was given to me by Roger Sunderland, it was on his layout Woodthorpe (see picture below).  All I’ve done is given certain areas a lick of paint and added some up to date signage.  Really got the modelling bug at the moment, now onto the next bit.

028E4136-3D6D-4E87-84A7-253FF5FEFC31.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...