12 hours ago, 1977joey said:

Love your layout Nigel, fantastic room for it too :good: Another’s fellow Welsh borders modeller too 

Looking forward to seeing more :)

Cheers,

Mark 

Thanks for your comments Mark.  I must admit I really enjoy your posts on your layout Shrewford, top modelling and I really like the sectorisation era.  Must admit that my guilty pleasure is that I have a smaller collection from that era too.  Most models are not chipped yet (a project for the coming years).

BF96D006-CB0C-404B-8889-E8B7EF535A53.jpeg

• Like 11

Like I said the BR Era Operations will be a long term project.  But I am very lucky to have some fantastic stock.  This video taken sometime ago shows a Bachmann Class 37 with some stock (scratch built and kits by RussellBridge2017) that is over 25 years old. Looking forward to the future.

• Like 11

Back in January I had a little time with my Bachmann BYA’s.  Although the thought was there in what I was trying to achieve.  My use of Revel NATO Olive was the wrong choice of colour (too dark and needed some red).  I Have now repainted one using Humbrol Brick Red, I am much happier with the results (newer repaint is nearest).

8B47C68F-DB90-4A96-A432-BF18032E48C8.jpeg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Melangoose said:

Where do I start

Make it out of steel, paint it badly and leave out in the weather for 40 years . . . 
Oh, were you wanting a result faster than that?

Nice photo of Westbury, but something’s missing . . . 
Oh yes, something signalbox shaped!

Happy memories of a late 70s summer.

Paul.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Melangoose said:

I would like my bridge side to look like the one pictured here at Westbury.  Where do I start (think this is maybe beyond my skills). 

Get Rhys to do it?

• Like 1

On 20/04/2021 at 08:14, Melangoose said:

I would like my bridge side to look like the one pictured here at Westbury.  Where do I start (think this is maybe beyond my skills). 

B930478C-6744-4F1B-B759-00D0DFCE1C74.jpeg

18FC45A7-E98A-4C32-BAFA-C3AACA210AE8.jpeg

I would try a dry brush with Humbrol rust paint and stab the bridge then pull the brush down a little before you take it off the plastic surface? Go for it Matey. The worst that can happen is you have to respray and try again.....

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, RusselBridge2017 said:

I would try a dry brush with Humbrol rust paint and stab the bridge then pull the brush down a little before you take it off the plastic surface? Go for it Matey. The worst that can happen is you have to respray and try again.....

Fair play Steve, I will give it ago.  Like you say if I make a mess, just respray it again.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Melangoose said:

Fair play Steve, I will give it ago.  Like you say if I make a mess, just respray it again.

Torn bits of foam give an eqully random effect when dabbed although the "salt" method will give a better peeled effect.

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...