Weston Town N Gauge 5x2 Modern Image

toolongtoremember

Just out of interest, does your gradient begin at the point for the branch to the upper level, and how steep has it turned out to be?

I'm looking at a similar area for my next project (though it will most likely be German outline)

Les

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/08/2019 at 22:39, Les1952 said:

Just out of interest, does your gradient begin at the point for the branch to the upper level, and how steep has it turned out to be?

I'm looking at a similar area for my next project (though it will most likely be German outline)

Les

The gradient begins from where the branch begins, I have included some photos. I have used DCC Concepts power base to aid locos make the climb, but so far only the full length HSTs have required it. Not sure of the gradient, was all done by eye. 

IMG_20190906_103835.jpg

IMG_20190906_103825.jpg

IMG_20190906_103814.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had the first exhibition with this layout at Whitehead, seemed to go well enough and got another exhibition invite. 

Although, in transit the factory buildings got ripped off and the track between the levels got pulled out of its sleeper chairs! Pinned that down and UHU glued the buildings back and all was good. 

IMG_20191108_180616.jpg

IMG_20191108_164405.jpg

• Like 5

So this is the end for Weston Town, it has become apparent that the layout is too small for all the electronic trickery I want to do with it. And so, I am starting a new layout 14ft x 6ft made from eight 4ft x2ft baseboards with one level, which will be more transportable to exhibitions and completely automated (seems computers can actually run layouts better than humans and run more, which has more entertainment value).

I will be salvaging all the point motors, the DCC equipment, the digikeijs hardware from this layout to feature on the new layout. However all is not lost for the small layouts as I have made a new purchase in that respect... more news to come later!!! 

Edited by toolongtoremember
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...