O Gauge in the garden

dougidle

Hi All,

I recently got back into model railways and decided that after trying N and OO I’d give O a try. My first thought was that being a Dorset lad I’d build a model of West Bay on the Bridport branch but after my track diagram exceeded 24 feet I had a bit of a rethink and convinced my wife to let me build something in the garden.

To that end, I’ve started a loop of track - just about 30 feet at the moment. My plan is to leave this L shape over the winter to see how it ages and then complete the loop in the spring. This then gives me the rest of 2019 to tidy up the garden.

The short video shows what I have so far.

Next up is my first etched brass kit and hopefully a couple more over the cold months.

This is my first attempt at any kind of outside layout and my concreting skills leave a bit to be desired. Getting the stuff to lie flat is a real pain! If anyone has any advice on that or ballasting it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Doug

• Like 4

I took advantage of the nice weather today to run some trains. Here’s the full train so far:

post-35210-0-81595700-1539449299_thumb.jpeg

I’ve got a Connoisseur Loriot and Parkside fruit van under construction. The Loriot is paused while I acquire a temperature controlled soldering iron and the fruit van is waiting on a compensation unit.

post-35210-0-81595700-1539449299_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5