Markits. What's happened?

Being picky the wheels in the photo have the crankpin in line with the spoke not between spokes. Are you sure they are the right diameter?

Maybe you should focus on the number of spokes and the fact that they came out of a bag for a J27. Did I count them wrong too? 

• 1 month later...

It was July the 16th when Markits shut up shop to make wheels.

Yes, he's updating the website as well but four and a half months is a long time without a sale.

Is it a tactic to starve the market so that when he turns supply on again, customers won't mind paying the price rise that was announced?

Panic buying???

Surely RMWeb members wouldn’t resort to that

Oh, I forgot about Hornby Railroad Collett Coach bodies being hoovered up by a member in Ontario........

Tim T

Hey, I resemble that remark!

You'll be pleased to know I've stopped.

Prices should start to tumble ;-)

• RMweb Gold

I purchased a couple of wheelsets, wagon and coach wheels as well as crankpins etc from Markits in late Oct and early Nov.  No issues. When on the phone with him, he did mention that they just had delivery of 20,000 wheels to go through and many sets have been upgraded. I purchased wheelsets for a Jubilee and a Jinty which were one of the ones he was waiting for which got upgraded. Not sure what the upgrade entailed, but they seem ok to me!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I can't find any product list on line, their website was updated Nov 2018 and has very few products listed. Any one know anything?  I need some Hornby reverse gearwheels they listed a few years ago

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, DavidCBroad said:

I can't find any product list on line, their website was updated Nov 2018 and has very few products listed. Any one know anything?  I need some Hornby reverse gearwheels they listed a few years ago

It states on the page that does come up that the link to the old catalogue has been removed pending the new one. Also that prices have been increased by an unspecified amount, so enquiring/ordering by phone seems to be the only real option at present.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

• RMweb Gold

I can say that I have had some good service from Markits. On 28th August I sent an e-mail asking about the availability of 16mm drivers and had a reply the next day, an order was posted off and the wheels arrived today. There was also mention in the reply that Mark(?) is busy casting 72000 wheels including 17 new ones including another 16mm if I was prepared to wait. As it happens the one available was closest to what I wanted.

If you know what you want a polite e-mail seems to work.

Brian.

• Agree 1